10 ⨳ sick

LATER THAT DAY, chaeyoung sank into her bed as thoughts of minjun's earlier words weighed on her mind.

chaeyoung may find the situation challenging, considering her average height. however, she's not only working as a maid to fulfill her duties, but also to provide for her unborn baby. it's possible that she feels it's necessary to earn enough money to fulfill her responsibilities towards her child, even if it means doing difficult work.

yeah, at first, her intention was to have this pregnancy terminated as quickly as possible, but she later came to the realization that the baby needs a mother who can love him, something she never received from her own mother.

if her mother treats her like a piece of trash, then she need to show herself that she is not at all like her. she might find happiness in this child of hers.

however, that moment when she was gradually accepting the baby, that's when individuals such as minjun could show no mercy towards her.

"everything is messed up." chaeyoung sighed and implying to herself while gazing up at the rooftop.

"do i need to constantly prove myself that i'm strong enough when i'm not? do people like them truly enjoy mocking me as if i'm some kind of joke? he insulted me without hesitation as if he actually knew me, huh?" she laughed mockingly, considering herself a laughing stock.

▬▬
flashback
▬▬

"why on earth would my mother choose someone like you who overall seemed subpar?" minjun appeared out of nowhere.

chaeyoung froze in place, slowly glancing at minjun. "what?" minjun only smirked at her.

"you're unbelievable, i said, why would my mother chooses someone who's cheap, gold-digging whore? i know you're only here for the money that's why my mother wanted you to be my nanny knowing damn well i'm an adult who doesn't need someone like you, am i right?"

chaeyoung fell silent as she appears to be afraid of someone who only cares about themselves. minjun, on the other hand, slowly walked towards her.

"but- if you badly needed a money, there are specific ground rules you must adhere to. firstly, refrain from entering my room without prior permission. avoid instructing me or handling any of my possessions and definitely last but not the least, don't tell anything to my mother, is it clear?"

"then w-what am i s-supposed to do?" minjun rolled his eyes in response to chaeyoung's shuddering query.

"do you suffer from any hearing loss? i said what i said and you must follow my rules at all costs, whether you liked it or not. otherwise, something bad will happen to you, do you understood?" he demands with full authority.

chaeyoung somehow wanted to object, "but sir-" minjun cut her off in frustration, "do i need to tell you again?!"

"no sir." chaeyoung retorted in terror before leaving the cellar storage as if nothing had happened.

as she stepped out, she began muttering and ranting about how terrifying minjun was to her.

"i can't believe that man really think he could manipulate me by threaten me? tsk!" chaeyoung scoffed in disbelief.