06 ⨳ maid

"we're sorry mr. and mrs. jang but your daughter has been diagnosed with brain tumor"

her mother firmly exclaimed, "w-what? you're not clowning us right?" assuming he must be joking, but when the doctor nodded his head, her mother felt instantly numb and had no idea what to do with herself. considering that she is chaemin's mother, you cannot condemn her behavior.

chaeyoung, on the other hand, experienced severe suffocation and is unable to believe that her only sister had to endure the same suffering.

if only her mother had been there, she would have seen the happiness in her daughter's eyes. if only she could turn back time, she might have seen her daughter's tears of delight.

she recalls all of a sudden telling chaemin, "no matter how much they hate you, chaeng, just remember you are still my favorite flower, my baby."

The doctor said "you can check her out now, please excuse me." as he walked away from them.

the tubes on her mouth were visible when the three of them entered the room. her body was covered in massive bruises, and her face and head were both wrapped in a thick white linen.

as soon as her mother saw her, she started crying. she walked through her and tightly gripped her hands. her father leaned down and stroked his wife's back, saying, "i'm so sorry baby, mommy wasn't there for you."

chaeyoung was still in her place since she feels responsible for this. she could only take distant glances at her sister. in any case, she doesn't deserve. she held herself accountable for being a careless sister. she just considers herself.

she gritted her teeth and clinched her fist, the veins in her neck standing out. she looked down and started to leave the room slowly as tears started to fall down her face.

is her sister deserve any of this?

chaeyoung believed that chaemin was quite outgoing, but if all she wanted was to be friends, how could she be subjected to abuse? people are quite harsh at times.

while she was lost in thought, someone suddenly bumped into her, causing her to tumble to the ground by her butt.

a man yells, "look were you going bitch!" and bolts from her.

chaeyoung rolled her eyes and scoffed, "bastard" mutter in frustration.

━━ time skip ━━

chaeyoung carefully clenched the filter between her teeth as she opened a pack of cigarettes while tilting her head to the sky.

her sadness was evident in her eyes, but it was unclear whether she had felt something penetrate her chest.

she was frequently compared to her brother, making her feel like the family's troublemaker despite her parents' views to the contrary. But if they had known she was expecting, they might have hurt her even more.

after a few days have passed, she is six weeks pregnant, and her motivation is to abort the child as soon as possible. as she wasn't prepared. she was a bad sister; what about a bad mother?

she can't make a mistake because being a mother is a full-time obligation; otherwise, her child risked dying. her life was already crazy on top of that.

she groaned heavily and asked herself, "how much longer must i put up with this? ", acting as if the universe were against her.

unexpectedly, she got a call, which she answered without turning to face the caller. "hello?"

"is this jang chaeyoung?" the caller asked, not seeming startled that someone she didn't know had called. "yep," she quickly responded.

"ummm, i was wondering if you wanted to be a maid, it says here in your job description-"

she says, "wait, what!? who said I was working?" with obvious confusion. when she learned she was pregnant, she undoubtedly stopped working.

"oh, you don't know? your mom told me so. probably she posted this a while ago."

TO BE CONTINUED