09 ⨳ mistook

"why i keep bumping into you?" chaeyoung was left flabbergasted, she looked up to see who had prevented a horrific fall from happening, her heart thumping in her chest. it was the same man whom she frequently encountered but still there was no hint of romantic interest in his demeanor.

"i-i, thank you-u," chaeyoung stuttered, still in shock from the near miss. "i can't believe i almost fell. you saved me." she mumbles, flashing a sly smile as the man nods while sporting a withdrawn poker look.

after the man left, "oh chaeyoung, there you are, can you please bring this to my son's room." mrs. choi asked. she noticed a pair of black slacks that looked familiar to her and realized that it was the same pair of tight black slacks the man had been wearing the day before. so the man who keeps running into her is her son?

out of curiosity, chaeyoung inquires, "ma'am, does your son still a kid that need to be looked after?" mrs. choi tittered in response, "of course not, even though my son is the same age as yours, he acts so carelessly in situations like these."

mrs. choi observes her for a brief moment, temporarily puzzled, "i understand that you might be annoyed that i didn't tell you sooner, but i truly need someone to watch over him and keep track of everything he does."

as soon as chaeyoung learned that her care receiver was a freaking grown man who could manage on his own, she still felt out of breath. "i-i thought you needed a babysitter and believed you weren't up to the task, ma'am."

mrs. choi burst out and declared, "oh my bad, did i use the word 'babysitting'? i've always been unclear about the distinction between a nanny and a babysitter. anyway could you?" chaeyoung didn't even have time to utter a word before she nodded and marched away.

━━ time skip ━━

soon enough, chaeyoung reached the man's chamber after initially avoiding it. she assumes he is careless with his belongings because she notices his things are not really that organized and his clothing are all over the place.

her arms were covered with goosebumps as he asked in a rasping tone, "now, what are you doing here? how dare you enter my room without asking!"

chaeyoung replies, "your mother just told me to place this black pair of slacks you have, mister." but the man scoffed and said in demand, "just leave it here and get out."

chaeyoung immediately bowed and left, proceeded to the kitchen to assist other maidservants.

━━ time skip ━━

"put that thing away from me or else!" the man screamed in rage because the dinner he ordered wasn't what he was anticipating.

his mother yelled, "minjun, stop being a brat and eat your food now!" before he could object, "but mother-" his mother threw him a death gaze and silenced him and force himself to eat the food he detested the most.

chaeyoung, on the other hand, was contemplating about how the man had complained about his dinner despite the fact that the dishes were exquisite.

she heard him saying that, "whatever." his mother signed and asked chaeyoung for assistance. "chae, can you bring the wine please?" chaeyoung nodded and walked to the cellar storage where the finest wine came from. however, she was unaware that minjun had already followed and remarked,

"why on earth would my mother choose someone like you who overall seemed subpar?"

TO BE CONTINUED