08 ⨳ the manor

AS SOON AS chaeyoung stepped in, she quickly caught a man who was sporting an antique waistcoat vest and tight slacks. she was entranced by the man's exquisite gait who was now menacingly glaring at her.

 she was entranced by the man's exquisite gait who was now menacingly glaring at her

"YOU!" the man took a glimpse on chaeyoung. "do i know you?" chaeyoung felt more at ease knowing that she was astounded by what he had done as he walked closer her with his hand in his pocket.

"I-" before she could replied, one of the maids suddenly walked in and said, "mrs. choi will be here shortly." as soon as chaeyoung nodded, the man just disappeared from her line of sight. i swear i've seen him somewhere.

━━ time skip ━━

"since my son wasn't pleased with the babysitting, i hope you'll stay at choi's manor for a little while longer. but i'm so grateful that you accepted my offer to work here." mrs. choi explained,

"no worries, i'm sure your son will understand, and i can't wait to introduce myself. Do i have to see him now?" chaeyoung questioned as mrs. choi cracked up and said,

"no need, your job starts tomorrow so have a good night sleep." she smiled, shook hands, and told the maids to lead chaeyoung to her room.

after chaeyoung went to her room, she flopped down into the comfy, wooden bed. "I hope this job will help me find a way to earn enough money for the baby." she uttered before she fell into a deep sleep.

[ 5:13 am at the morning ]

when chaeyoung heard noises downstairs, she initially wanted to ignore them and continue sleeping, but as the sounds grew louder, she moaned and got dressed to head downstairs.

she spotted a black hooded figure as she walked toward the kitchen and assuming him a thief. she gaped in horror as she observed him consuming everything in the refrigerator. the man turned and stopped eating as she took a further step but she had trodden on something that made a noise.

"w-who are you?" chaeyoung shuddered with horror, watching the man approaching her. the man removed his hoodie and chaeyoung noticed that it was a man she had just seen earlier.

the man move closer as he whispered close on her ears, "what are you doing here?" the man utters in a raspy voice. chaeyoung don't know how to respond. however, she roughly pushed him causing the man stumbled.

the man look confused at the moment but started to walk away from her. chaeyoung felt relieved but the emotional state she was going through started to make her paranoid again. being close by someone makes her feel unable to cope after the incident occurs. she hope her paranoiac disorder will eventually fritter away.

━━ time skip ━━

chaeyoung gain consciousness as the sunlight smacks at her. her hair was a tangled mess, and there was still spittle in her mouth as she groans and rubs her eyes. the maids unexpectedly knocked, which caused her to get alarmed and say, "wait a minute."

nevertheless, the lady's maid wasn't pleased with her response, telling her, "mrs. choi gave you your first task downstairs so don't be late. mrs. choi hates a person who is unhurried and slow-going, so faster!" she demands.

after she freshen up from her slumber, she instantly opened the door and there they are looking so unbending.

"first day in her job and yet you still need to wake up. shouldn't have this behavior will not happen again, is it clear miss?" chaeyoung quickly nodded and bowed in submission.

the lady's maid walked off as the other maidservants keep giggling making chaeyoung self-conscious. she was too uneasy by their behavior. she couldn't control being humiliate by their actions.

however, because she wasn't paying attention, she ran into someone and nearly collapsed, but she was quickly caught. she should give that individual credit, but fate doesn't care much about her.

"why do I keep bumping into you?"

TO BE CONTINUED

author's note
cliffhanger! i'm sorry folks for the wait, it took me months to finished this but i hope you like this chapter, adios.