07 ⨳ punishment

"oh you don't know? your mom told me so. probably she posted this a while ago."

chaeyoung was stunned and yelped, "what do you say?"

"you may be startled, but your mother did tell me that you were willing to talk, and that if you did, you would be our maid in about two years."

"excuse me? but let me tell you miss I'm not willing nor interested and i have no time to argue with you - so get lost," she said. chaeyoung instantly hung up, scoffed, and made her way to her sister's room where her mother was caring for chaemin.

"eomma, i know you're upset with me but this is not the appropriate course of action for me. how could you send me away just like that?"

"this is your fault, right? i'm simply returning the favor, so stop talking."

"favor of what?" but her mother shut her words and yanked chaeyoung angrily from chaemin's chamber. "answer me!" as the door locked, chaeyoung screamed and yanked her arms away.

"this is your punishment chaeyoung! you're lack of discipline and this is the only thing to teach you a lesson. you can't rely on me anymore so if i were you, you will follow everything i tell you, understood?"

"but mom this is so unfair! how could you-"

"no how could you! how could you neglect your only sister! you should know your place chaeyoung so deal with it." her mother irked and sighed sharply along with a deadly look.

"tomorrow morning i want you gone, go home and pack your things. now go." she pointing out the hallway for her daughter to leave but chaeyoung only look at her in anger and this time chaeyoung felt betrayed, her own mother's treatment of her like a piece of trash.

her jaw tighten as she clenching her fist, flames on her eyes are now visible. "i always trying to be a good daughter to you, i always obey every single thing you've asked, i even quit my school just so i could help you a-and THIS IS HOW YOU TREATED ME! DO . . . do you even love me? do you still care about me?! remember i'm also your daughter, mother!"

except after that, chaeyoung's mother did nothing except smirk at her, leaving her perplexed. "then you must also keep in mind that, as i already informed you, i do not have a daughter who is similar to you."

and with that her mother entered the room and slammed the door causing chaeyoung to back away. her eyes gradually watering making her shirt drenched from the tears and this time her fist were clenched pretty hard as the blood dripping onto the floor due to her sharp nails.

the people around the hallway gazed at her with disgusting look plastered around their faces as they witnessed the scene between the mother and the daughter bickering each other.

some of them muttering how this child disrespecting her own mother and some of them telling chaeyoung she deserves it but the only thing they don't know, she was the victim here.

people talk like they knew everything, they criticizes you although you didn't do anything to them. maybe because they're too stupid to understand the situation.

but have you ever heard of 'every child deserves a mother but not every mother deserves a child.' a child who always dreamed from her mother's warmth, the love that chaeyoung always wanted but she was too blind to see how cruel our world is.

━━ time skip ━━

later that night, chaeyoung packed all of her stuff and went to small apartment. the room she spent to was quite eerie from her perspective.

the wooden walls has a scratches everywhere, curtains were torn, the weather was too cold to sleep properly, the bathroom wasn't clean up well and for the bed didn't seem to be comfortable along with the couch. but she has too in order to rest her body from exhaustion.

after a few hours left, she kept turning back and forth as her eyes were bloodshot. it seemingly she didn't sleep, the eyebags was too dark now.

she kept thinking what her mother told her, she felt useless, unworthy and most of all unloved. does chaeyoung deserve it? of course not. what kind of a mother are you if in the end you throw out your child out of nowhere.

is it considered to be child abuse? maybe. but who knows what would happened if chaeyoung took her own fate this way.

she only has funds from her prior employment, which, as you are aware, wasn't enough to cover her costs. therefore, she was forced to phone the person who had earlier called her. She rose and grabbed her phone.

"hello?" the caller answered the phone. "hello it's chaeyoung, does your job interview still available?"

TO BE CONTINUED