05 ⨳ brain tumor

THE MOMENT she was about to leave that location, her mother called. chaeyoung answered the phone and greeted her mother right away.

"mom, how are-" she paused mid-sentence after hearing her mother sob.

"mom? what happened!" she exclaimed in disbelief, which caused hayul to gaze at her perplexed.

"c-chae—your sister." chaeyoung was puzzled as to why her mother was sobbing aloud and seemed to be crying nonstop, her brain also doesn't seem to be functioning normally.

chaeyoung asked her mother, "what happened to chaemin?," but when she didn't hear back, she became alarmed. on the sofa, she instantly got up and remarked,

"my sister is in the hospital, I'm leaving."

"i'll go with you." hayul offers to the woman but chaeyoung refuses. "no need." as she wore her coat without realizing it was raining and ran to the door.

"sh!t" hayul cussed to himself when he saw the heavy rain pour down. however, he brought an extra coat and umbrella before leaving, and then he left the clinic while negligently locking the door. He is currently solely thinking about chaeyoung.

what if she is wounded while in this condition?

hayul starts his car and peers out the window in an effort to locate chaeyoung as soon as possible because it is so bitterly cold outdoors and he fears she might become sick.

━━ time skip ━━

chaeyoung was exhausted and out of breath when she realized she had run all the way to the hospital. thank goodness the clinic was close to the hospital she visited.

she entered the building and enquired at the front desk a little while later. "excuse me, miss, in which room was jang chaemin placed?"

and she replied, "room 101." the receptionist nodded as chaeyoung thanked the nurse.

chaeyoung rushed inside when she saw her parents, who were worn out and somewhat perplexed by what was happening.

she said, "mom, dad!" as she hugged both of her parents as her father said, "thank goodness you're here, my daughter." her father caressed her back gently.

when she saw her middle daughter asking for assistance, her mother was still in contemplative mode and expressed concern, "mom, are you okay?"

astonishment was written all over chaeyoung's face as she saw her mother's face, "where were you when your sister was looking for you huh? where were you when your sister was begging for help!" her mother exclaimed, no longer able to control her rage.

her mother cried angrily as chaeyoung's eyes widened, "do you know she had scratches in her entire body! do you even know she experienced bullying?!" before she remembered anything.

"but eonnie! if you don't want to go to school then I will stay here besides they kept bullying me, they hate me eonnie."

"mom i can exp-" she got cut off when her mother slapped her face, her heart appeared to be twitching, teasing her in the worst way imaginable.

"how can you be so careless?" her mother yelled, holding his wife as he saw his daughter being battered by her. "did you forget you had sister to taken care of?"

her eyes were filled with contempt for her daughter, which made chaeyoung take a step back. "if something is going to happen to chaemin, i swear chaeyoung, i don't consider you as my child anymore," she threatened her daughter. she now harbors hatred for her mother instead of just resentment.

her lips trembled uncontrollably, tears started to pour, and her heart was broken. she wished she could completely erase herself from their lives.

the only thing she could do was flee from this place, but how could she do that if her sister needed her at this particular moment? she turned to gaze at her mother and father once again.

when the doctor left abruptly, her mother inquired, "doc, is my daughter okay?" the doctor looked at her in dismay and responded,

"we're sorry mr. and mrs. Jang, but your daughter has been diagnosed with a brain tumor."

TO BE CONTINUED