Chapter 64

Jin was an absolute wreck and none of them knew what to do. Joon was beside himself, this was his Beta and he couldn't fix it. He missed Mason just as much but it wasn't his pup that their Omega was pregnant with and Jin's wolf isn't handling the separation well. Wolves don't handle being away from their mates and it's 1,000 times worse when it's your pregnant fated mate. The only way they can even get him to sleep is if Jk is inside him. Even then it's fitful.

Yoongi walked up to Joon, "we can't wait much longer. I know that you wanted the banished rogues to make it here, but Joon if we don't get to him soon. We may lose more than you think. Mason is 6 months pregnant, he needs us. His Omega must be in so much pain without Jin. I may not be a True Blood but even I know he's lying to us about how bad it is."

"Tomorrow, tomorrow is a full moon and a blood moon at that. I'll be my strongest then, if they aren't here by then, we go in anyway. Spread the word." Joon looked to the moon, 'I'm sorry that I don't pray to you enough. But please let us win this, not just for us, but for all wolves. This reign of terror needs to end, we should be free to love, to mate. Betas deserve their own pups and security.'

'If you want the Kingdom safe, the King and his Alpha sons must die.' Joon knew this, of course he did. He just didn't want to have to kill his mate's family. Yes, they've treated him like garbage his entire life, but that doesn't mean that they can't change. Can't be taught. 'I know what you are thinking Alpha, but some wolves are beyond redeemable. Not all, and that choice is yours and your mates. But not everyone can be saved.'

"Get him out of here, now before Mark finds him." Max was panicked as he yelled at Casey to hurry up and save Mason. "His mates and their followers are storming the castle right now, get him to safety. Guard him and his pup with your life."

"Of course your highness," Casey helped Mason stand, and before they could even get the door open Mark was there. 

Mark raised his sword in the air, "I knew you'd backstab us. How could you Max, you hate him as much as I do."

Max laughed manically, "that's where you are wrong little brother. I never hated him, I only beat him because if I didn't then Father would have and it would have been much worse for him. I can take what the King dishes out, I'm an Alpha after all. But he can't. I did what I did to protect him."

"You are weak, just like he is."

"It's you, brother, that is weak, you are blinded by Father's hate. It doesn't have to be this way."

Mark swung his sword, aiming to cut Mason down "I'll have his pup," he yelled. Before Mason even had a chance to process what was going on, Max jumped in front of him and took the sword that was intended for Mason's head. It slashed across his chest, cutting his heart and lungs. Mark pulled back tears in his eyes, "what have I done?"

Max fell, Mason doing his best to catch him, "Max, why? Why would you do that, why save me?"

Max reached up and palmed Mason's face, getting blood all over him "I tried to love you, but I was never taught how to love. So I did my best as an Alpha to take care of you in any way that I could. When your mates get here, and they win, be happy, for me."

Mason was balling his eyes out, he's never been particularly close to his family but Max just saved his life. When the light left Max's eyes Mason roared at his brother Mark. All seven of his mates heard it.

'Joon we have to hurry, that was Mason. Something is wrong.'

'Go Jin, take Yoongi find our Omega.' The two wolves took off while Joon and the Alpha king circled each other. Both being True Bloods they were the same size, and the King is a trained warrior, unlike Joon. But Joon is fighting for so much more, Joon is fighting for his mates, his pups. He's fighting for his village and the safety of this Kingdom, he's fighting for everyone's freedom. And that right there makes Joon a very dangerous wolf.

They circled each other, neither one ever getting the upper hand on the other. Then came Jk, they both charged at the King, Jk from the back and Joon from the front. The King anticipated this and attacked Jk, trying to rip his throat out when they heard Mason roar again.

Jin and Yoongi took off into the castle, Yoongi's nose in the air trying to find the source of his Omegas scent. When he caught it and they found him, Mason was standing there covered in blood. One hand protectively covering his large belly while the other was trying to use what looks like a large metal vase to block blows from a broadsword. 

Jin lost it, he charged at the Alpha that was putting his Omega and Pup in danger, his large jaws snapped the Alpha's neck and his body crumbled to the ground. Mason collapsed but Jin shifted and caught him. "Beta, I missed you."

"Baby, the blood, it's all over you. The pup?"

"I'm fine, it's not mine. Max, he, he saved me. Mark was going to cut my head off, Max took the blow meant for me."

Yoongi walked up to Mason and wrapped him in a hug, Mason gave it to him willingly then he pulled back and ran behind Jin. "Baby, what's wrong? What did I do?"

"I'm sorry Alpha, I don't know. But something is telling me to stay away."

Yoongi slid down the wall, tears falling down his eyes "we thought since it was a Beta pregnancy that we'd be okay. I guess not."

"Maybe it's because he's been away for so long? Maybe it'll get better in a few days now that we are here?"