22. HOW COULD YOU?

It was 9.30 pm and everyone had left. Keisha,Samyra and their parents were staying the night at Anshuman's house. When Samyra came out of shower she found Keisha fast asleep. She too without wasting any time slipped inside the quilt and closed her eyes.

She tried to sleep but couldnt do so. She tossed and turned for about half and hour but couldnt get herself to sleep. Her constant tossing and turning earned her a groan from Keisha. So she wrapped a shawl around herself and slipped out of the room.

The room allocated to them was opposite to that of Anshuman's and beside his room there was a door which opened into a small terrace type balcony.

The whole terrace was visible from the window in Anshuman's room. There was a beautiful swing there. She placed her phone on it and went near the railing to enjoy the cool breeze.

She stood there with her eyes closed for few minutes. She was involuntarily playing with her engagement ring when the sound of a car disturbed her.

She looked down to see Anshuman getting out of his car. He suddenly glanced up and their eyes met. Anshunan suddenly tensed but Samyra just gave a small smile and went back to the swing.

------------

Anshuman had just entered his room after the guests left when his phone rang. He looked at the caller Id and the smile on his face vanished. It was T. He did not answer it. After a moment the phone started ringing again. This time he angrily answered the call.

"What do you want? "

"You" T answered.

"What?"

"I mean,I want to meet you."

"I dont have time to meet you. Stop calling me..."

He was cut in mid sentence "Anshu I want to talk to you and it is important. I will be waiting for you at our place in 20 minutes. Come soon or else I am coming there. Bye" and she hung up.

Anshuman threw the phone on the bed and started pacing the room. "Why cant she leave me alone. Should I go to meet her. No ofcourse not. Why should I? But what if she actually comes here. She is stupid and stubborn. What if Samyra came to know about all this. What will she think? I should talk to Rahul. No, what can he do. I should probably go and see what she wants and finish this once and for all." All these thoughts were running in his mind.

After making up his mind to go he quickly changed into jeans and t-shirt and grabbing his car keys left his room.

After about 10 minutes he was parking in front of '24x7 cafe'. It was the place both of then use to meet. When he steeped inside all those times spent there flashed before his eyes. He searched the room and found T sitting at their usual spot in the corner.She was wearing a tight black dress which ended just above her kness,black belles and her hair were open. She was wearing dark makeup.He went there and sat on the chair opposite her. She gave him a big smile which he did not return. He had blank expression on his face.

"I knew you would come. You always say yes to me"

"What was it you wanted to talk about?"

"Whats the hurry. Chill. Nothing has changed here. Its still the same as last time we saw." T said glancing around.

"If thats all you want to talk about I don't have time" Anshuman said beginning to rise up from the chair. She caught his hand and stopped him.

"Please dont go I am just trying to calm myself and ease the tention"
Just then the waiter came and both of them ordered the cafe's special coffee. T was still holding Anshuman's hand above the table.

"How could you do this to me?"

"Do what?"

"You know exactly what I am talking about. How can you get engaged to someone else?"

"Why can't I? What I do is none of your business." Anshuman said snatching his hand away from her touch.

T lowered her eyes and said in a soft voice "I know what I did was wrong. And leaving you was the most stupid decision of my life. I know you are angry and I deserve it. But please don't get engaged to someone to punish me. It hurts to see you with her".

"Not the whole world revolves around you. I am not getting engaged for you I am doing it because my dad wants me to and especially because I want to"

"I know you don't want to do it. Arranged marriage is something you never believed in. What suddenly changed that you agreed for it and that too with Samyra. I mean come on. She is not at all your type. She is way too simple and traditional desi type."

Anshuman's jaw clenched on hearing these comments about Samyra and his palms turned into fist " dont talk rubbish about her. The girl you are talking about is my fiance and I will not hear anything wrong about her especially from you. You are in no condition to judge others. First look at your deeds before assesing others. And for your kind information she is the best thing that happened to me. So keep your nose out of my business. You are here to attend your best friend's wedding so do that. No need to interfere in everyone else's life".

The waiter arrived with their coffee. Anshuman paid the waiter and without another glance left the cafe leaving the coffee and T behind.

----------

Anshuman couldn't believe T would call him to talk about all this. She was the one that left. Now finally after a long time when everything is falling in place together she is back to disrupt everything.

When he got down from the car at his home he involuntarily looked up and his eyes met with Samyra. He tensed on seeing her but she just gave a small smile and went back.

He entered the house thinking what would he tell her if she asks where he was. Should he tell her about T? He reached the second floor and walked towards his room expecting Samyra to stop him any moment. But that didn't happen and he went in his room wondering why she didn't talk to him.

********
A/N
Thank you for reading votes and comments.