32. WILL NOT LET HER GO

Samyra saw Anshuman leaving the club. She was hurt by his behaviour but when she had looked at him before leaving the terrace she thought she saw hurt and regret in his eyes. She shook her head and repeated in her mind not to give in again. She had decided that she would stay away from him.

That night Anshuman couldn't sleep well or actually you could say didn't sleep at all. He kept tossing and turning all night.

Samyra's parting words were a constant alarm in his mind which kept him awake.

After almost 2 hours of trying to rest he stood up and went to the balcony. He stood there with eyes closed and enjoyed the blowing wind which helped him to relax. The images of his time spent with Samyra flashed before his eyes.

The moment he saw her for the first time in the office,how confused he was when she had not recognized him, the way she walked out of her room wearing saree when he had gone to her house, their walk in the garden, throwing up coffee in the mall, watching the movie together in theatre, the pleasant road trip to Mumbai, watching the sunset on beach and walking barefoot while mumbling their favourite song, eating all street food and letting themselves loose,their date which was planned by his friends, talking with her on skype a day before their engagement, she looked so pretty with wet hair and her cheeks red, their engagement ceremony... all these brought a smile on his face. 

After all the sweet moments the bitter part of their relationship came into his focus. "The change in her expression when he had called her T, on seeing her and Armaan together how he had lost his cool and said things which he regretted till date. The moment he had found her letter on the day she left." He glanced at his right hand. He was still wearing his engagement ring. He had thought to remove it when Samyra left but couldn't bring himself to remove it. The watch she had gifted was always worn by him.

He went back to bed and decided to try to sleep again. But the image of Samyra dancing with Abhi was embedded in his mind. All kinds of thoughts were running in his mind "She was looking so beautiful in that dress today. Why do I always get so bothered up when I see any other guy with her? I never behaved like this when T wore dresses even shorter than that of Samyra. But guys staring at Samyra makes my blood boil. Why does hurting her feelings hurt more to me? Have I fallen...no thats not possible. I haven't known her for too long.I am overthinking."

He sighed but now that single question was dominant in his head. His mind unconsciously started making comparison between Tanushree and Samyra. His father didn't like Tanushree from the moment he saw her but it was exact opposite in case of Samyra. He seemed to have developed an instant liking to her. He had never been at ease with Tanushree but with Samyra he can relax and just be himself. He can talk to her freely without any tension of being judged. He haven't felt this possessive over T as he is with Samyra. He was actually happy when he got engaged to her. He had never thought that he would be happy with arranged marriage. Tanushree had been trying to get his attention since last many months but he is no more interested.

"Why am I thinking so much about it. She told me clearly that I mean nothing to her. I have no right over her. She practically hates me. But who would not hate me after what I have said. I will apologize for my childish and rude behavior tomorrow and bring an end to this. But will I be able to let her go?" Anshuman thought.

----------

Samyra and Abhi were very close and dancing on a slow romantic song. Everyone standing around were praising their performance.
After the song ended the lights dimmed and the couple stood in the spotlight. Abhi sat on one knee took Samyra's hand in his and kissed her knuckles.

"You have been my best friend for most of my life and you know that I don't like to share things close to my heart. So will you Samyra shah be with me always and do me the favour of marrying me?"

"Yes..."

********
A/n
Thank you for reading,votes and comments.