33. IT HIT HIM HARD

You have been my best friend for most of my life and you know that I don't like to share things close to my heart. So will you Samyra shah be with me always and do me the favour of marrying me?"

"Yes..."

Anshuman froze on his way into Rahul's room on hearing those words.It was about 10 next morning and he saw that the whole gang was watching something on laptop and laughing.

"Aww...that was so cute!" Aisha exclaimed with a big smile.

"Yup they look lovely together, don't they" Keisha chimed in.

"Ofcourse we look good together.Just look at me dude." Abhi said with a smirk. Samyra playfully slapped his arm."Ok enough guys. Keisha am warning you, one more video and I will start spilling all your secrets right from your first crush"

"Oh come on. You wouldn't do that to me now,will you?"

"Try me" Samyra said shrugging .

"Ok madam, your wish is my command"

"We should all get going. We are late for breakfast." Armaan said. "Anshuman will be...Oh he is already here" Armaan said glancing towards the door.

Anshuman still couldn't believe what he had heard. In his heart he was wishing that he heard it wrong and it was something else. But his mind told him that what he heard was true. Abhi had proposed to Samyra and she said yes.

When Armaan said his name he glanced towards the gang and his eyes met his favorite pair of eyes.

"Sorry dude you had to wait. This stupid friend of Keisha was wasting our time" Armaan said pointing towards Keisha.

"Who told you to stay here tarzan? It would have been much better here in the absence of your annoying personality."

And as uaual Armaan and Keisha started bickering on the way out of the room. Anshuman was not listening to anything. He had his stare fixed on Samyra who didn't even acknowledge his precense.

"You guys continue. I will join you in a sec" Anshuman said to Rahul and Simran who were the last person to leave the room.

He didn't hear any response and stood there in the center of the room with his back facing the door. He heard the door click and thought he was alone in the room.

"Stop bothering yourself bro. It wasn't what you think" Anshuman was startled to hear Rahul's voice.

"I thought you went down. And I don't know what are you talking about"

"I am your best friend Anshuman. I know you better than yourself. I know Samyra is important to you"

"No Rahul, there is nothing.."

Rahul raised his hand indicating him to stop." I don't want to hear the typical I don't care and all that. If you are interested in knowing, the proposal was a prank played by Abhi and Samyra on his friends on 1st April"

"Oh ohk whatever" Anshuman said with a shrug. But inside he was relieved and very happy.

"I know you like her. Actually you are already in love with her. Don't even think of denying it. I have seen the look you give Abhi and Armaan when they are close to Samyra. And don't think that you still wearing your engagement ring and her gift has gone unnoticed by me. You have lost her once but still you have a chance. But if you don't act now there are chances that you will loose her forever to someone else".Rahul patted his friends shoulder and left him alone .

Anshuman was thinking about what his friend said. He didn't like the thought of Samyra being with someone else. Her cold behavior towards him and her silence was bothering him a lot." Why is it so hard to stay away from her. She doesn't want anything to do with me then why can't I just accept it and move on. I had already been through this before with Tanushree. Moving on should be easier for me now. But even after one whole year her presence soothes me which has never happened before. Does this mean I have fallen for her?"

--------

Samyra was reading a book while sitting on a chair on the beach and all the others were playing volleyball.

Armaan came all huffing and puffing and sitting on the adjoining chair he gulped down Samyra's drink.

"Hey that was my drink"

"Your point being?"

"Oh you are so annoying Tarzan"

"Hey don't call me that"

"I don't see you complaining when someone else says that"

"Well..that..it just.."

"Ya..ya...i already know Maan"

"What do you know?"

"Stop acting all innocent and tell me when are you going to tell her?"

"Tell her what?"

"That you like her stupid, what else" samyra said smacking his head with her book.

"Ouch...are you crazy? I don't like Keisha"

"Ah hah...caught ya. I never said her name" Samyra said with a smirk.

"Oh..I thought..."

"Blah blah blah. So my best friends will be dating. That is so cool."

"I think you are suffering from concussion. I suggest you go inside"

"Don't you try to deny it. Your cheeks are all red due to blushing"

"I am not blushing. And you are crazy" Armaan said standing up and walking towards the gang.

Samyra couldn't control the smile on her face.

--------
About an hour later Anshuman came on the beach. He went towards Rahul who was jogging alone on the beach.

He went towards him and they did a man hug.

"Why are you smiling? Someone is in a good mood" Rahul said with a smirk.

"Yes I am and all thanks to you. Thank you so much"

"That's fantastic bro but atleast tell me what it is"

"I am not going to repeat my mistake. I am going to get my girl back"

"Finally....I thought you would never realize. But you know that's going to be a tough route"

"I know. But I am ready to do anything."

"Woah..why all of a sudden you care?" Rahul asked with a smirk.

"Because I love Samyra. And I hate myself for realising it this late"

*******
A/n
Thank you for reading, votes and comments.