3. THEY COME A STEP CLOSER...

Same week on Thursday.
"Shaina mam is asking for you" the peon said keeping Samyra's masala chai(masala tea) on the table. She nodded at him and taking her diary and tea knocked on her boss's cabin door.

"Come in" her sweet but authoritative voice came through the door. When she saw her she smiled a really big smile like Samyra was some two year old asking for CHOCOLATE . Samyra smiled back and sat on the chair she motioned her to.

"You are promoted." on hearing this Samyra's hand stopped in mid way.. she was about to have a sip of her tea but her hand didn't move. "you are now my second in Command "her boss continued"Oh stop starring at me and come back on earth" she snapped.

"Uh..um..did you just say I m your second in command? She asked not believing that she heard it right.

Shaina Ravat was the daughter of one of the richest businessman of Gujarat. But she wanted to make her own identity and so had opened an event management firm" Shinezz" and within the period of two years the firm had achieved its position in the top five event management companies.

Samyra had done MBA and course in Event Management and had been a gold medallist. She joined "Shinezz " 6 months back right after completing her studies and had worked as manager since then.

"Yes you heard right congratulations!!" Shaina said bringing her hand forward. Samyra shook it and thanked her.

"But mam, what about Raima mam?"she asked about her previous boss and the now ex second in command.

Shaina shook her head slowly and breathed out. After sitting silently and playing with the paper weight for about a minute she looked up and said"she was the one who was sending the tender information to the shah's( their biggest competitor )"

Samyra stared at her not believing what she heard (that was second time in the last five minutes!!!)

"Lets forget about all that and concentrate on what we have on our sleeves" she continued " my cousin's getting married next month and we are the one planning the wedding from her side as well as the groom's"

Samyra nodded trying to concentrate on what her boss was saying but she was so excited about the promotion that she couldn't pay rapt attention.

"The wedding is in Mumbai and you will be the co ordinator from the groom's side and I will be from the bride's side, OK?"

Samyra nodded in affirmation "The boy is gonna come to visit us tomorrow " Shaina said and stopped to have a glass of water.

"I think than we should probably call a team meeting in the afternoon and divide the group and start prepping for the meeting "Samyra suggested writing something in her diary.

"Just what I was gonna say" Shaina exclaimed "I knew I made the right choice by selecting you"she smiled that big smile again and Samyra chuckled.

- - - -

"Next month? Isn't that like so early?" Anshuman asked shocked from the news Rahul just gave him.

Their whole group namely Anshuman , Rahul, Simran, Aisha, Mayank and their 10 month's son Aryan all were sitting in the backyard having boiled corn( of course he was not eating!!!)at Aisha and Mayank's place.

"Our family guru says that next month is the last auspicious day for marriage ,after that there is no auspicious day for about three months...and we don't want to wait that long so next month it is." Simran said.

"Great than!!! Congratulations guys!!!" Anshuman said smiling and hugged Rahul.

"Now who is acting like a drama queen?" Rahul mocked Anshuman and hugged him back.

"One more thing" Rahul added "you are coming with me to Baroda to meet the wedding planner. She is Simran's cousin and one of the best event manager of Gujarat.

"But why are you taking me? I have no knowledge of all that stuff. You should probably take Di ( short for sister ) or aunty." Anshuman argued on hearing Baroda. "Wasn't that girl dad talked about from Baroda?" he thought. He hadn't told about it to anyone yet.

"Can't do"Rahul said shrugging his shoulders "They both have lots of other preperations to do and Mayank is going to Delhi for two days for a meeting so its only us."

"Okay. Bdw how are we going?"

"By car. Will pick you up at around 8.00 in morning..cool?"

"Yup great. OK then see you tomorrow. Goodnight everyone" Anshuman said reaching for his car keys and phone lying on the table.

"Goodnight!" Everyone said in unison.

******

A/n

Thank you everyone for reading and voting.

Plz do comment. Would love to hear your suggestions...