2. MEET HIM

Same day in Mumbai.

"Miss Simran Sinha , I am truly,deeply and passionately in love with you. Will you honour me by being my wife?" Rahul said that pretending to open a ring box kneeling before his best friend.

"Stop it dude, enough is enough. You have been practicing the same thing for about a week now. She is your girlfriend. Why are you so nervous? You guys have been with each other since high school , so chill. Just go and say it."Anshuman said to his best buddy."If one more time I hear this then I am surely gonna start believing you are proposing to me. So today when you go for dinner at Hotel Persia just get over with it. Clear?"

"Yes sir." Rahul said "but what if she says no?"

"Come on don't act like a drama queen we all know you are meant- to- be couple so be confident and say it. OK? Now get up before anyone else comes in the men's room and thinks you are proposing to me" Anshuman ran his hand in his hair and after checking himself in the mirror , left the room with Rahul.

"Finally. We thought you guys were never going to come out" Aisha Rahul's elder sister said as both the boys joined the group.

"What were you guys doing for 15 minutes in there?"Simran asked looking at Rahul.

"I don't kiss and tell" said Anshuman winking at them.

"Now hurry up, the movie is about to start and I don't wanna miss the beginning " Mayank , Aisha's husband and another member of this group of friends, said checking the seat number on the tickets.

- - -

"The movie was great!!!"exclaimed Simran. Everyone nodded in affirmation. "So whats the plan for dinner?"she asked.

"Lets go to Hotel Persia and have proper dinner. I am very hungry." Anshuman suggested.

"That sounds like a plan but you guys continue. We told the babysitter we will be home by 10.30 pm and its already 9.50 so we gotta go." Aisha said holding Mayank's hand.

"Oh! I completely forgot. I have an important video conference tomorrow. Have to make some last minute alterations in the presentation. So I cant join you guys. " Anshuman lied following their plan to leave the couple alone for Rahul's proposal.

"OK then. See you guys later." Rahul said slipping his hand behind Simran's waist.

- - -

"Hey how was the movie?"asked Anshuman's dad from behind as he was putting dinner in microwave.

"It was good"Anshuman replied "By the way what are you doing up so late? Didn't doctor tell you to take as much rest as possible?You are still not fully recovered from the heart attack."

"I feel fine. I wanted to talk to you about something"

Anshuman looked at his father with an arched eyebrow. He continued "You know my friend Mr. Upen Shah right ?" Anshuman nodded in confirmation "we are going to see his niece next week for you"

"What? Dad but..."Anshuman started saying but his father stopped him in mid sentence

"I know you don't like going to see girls for marriage but I have respected your choice and decision before, so can't you do the same for me once? I am not telling you to marry her next week just meet the girl and see where it goes. Hmm?"

" OK "Anshuman replied in a low tone.

******

A/N

Thank you for reading!!!

Please do give your suggestions and comments...