Trouble

It was morning and for some reason i couldn't get Camilo out of my head. Alejandro and Valeria were my only friends but now I've made a new one, it was exciting.
I felt kind of bad for Valeria since she liked Camilo but he wasn't interested in her.

I was running my fingers through my hair when suddenly Valeria stomped inside flinging the door.
She was mad.

"Oh! Valeria you-" was all i could say.

"I saw you and Camilo yesterday" she put her hand on her hip.
"What were you guys talking about, huh?

I knew what she was thinking.

"Nothing! We were just chatting, I swear!" I said standing up.

This seemed to anger Valeria even more
"Oh please! You were probably flirting with him knowing damn well I like him! You're such a horrible friend!!" She exclaimed her face was turning red.

I was in shock. I felt so offended by her words. It's not like we've never argued before but this time it felt different. She's never been like this.

"You don't know what you're talking about! Camilo and I are just FRIENDS!" I emphasized

"You liar!! I saw the way you two were looking at eachother! Listen to me Y/n, stay away from Camilo arrastrada! Her eyes filled with hatred.

"Valeria I know your dramatic but you're going way to far this time! Listen to yourself please! You sound crazy!

She slapped me.

I put my hand on my cheek, it stung.

All I could do was just stare at her,
"Why?" I murmured.

Valeria realized what she had done but it didn't really look like she regretted it.

"I've always despised you, Y/n,"

"We are not friends anymore." Her voice broke still mad and left.

I couldn't believe it. Any of it.
Tears started rolling down my cheeks but I quickly wiped them away. It wasn't worth it. I got up and headed out not knowing where I was heading to. I wanted be anywhere but here.

_______________________

I sat in the same place Camilo and I hung out yesterday. I held my knees under my chin the wind blowing through my hair.
A tear rolled down my cheek, i couldn't help it. Her words did hurt.

"Hey, are you okay Y/n!? What happened?"

I looked up, it was Camilo.
Why did he have to see me like this I felt embarrassed and looked away.

"I'm fine" i muttered.

I felt his arms wrap around me holding me tight. My eyes widened and warm tears fell from my eyes. He held me close.

"You don't have to tell me what happened, but I want you to know that I'll always be here for you." Camilo looked at me warmly.

I melted into his embrace and hugged him back. It felt so nice.

"Thank you, Camilo" I closed my eyes and sighed.

_____________________

Camilo took me around town to cheer me up. He always made me smile without trying. He made me feel so much better.

"Oh look it's Mirabel!" I said excitedly. Mirabel saw me and ran up to us.

"Hey Y/n! Camilo! What are you two up to?" She smiled at us

"We were just heading for some ice cream" Camilo replied casually to her cousin.

"Can I join?" Mirabel cheerfully asked.

Camilo was about to turn her down but was interrupted

"Of course you can!" I beamed

Camilo grumbled and rolled his eyes in annoyance but agreed.

"We sat on a bench under a tree for shade. I was sitting in the middle of Mirabel and Camilo.

Mirabel and I talked about many things while we ate our ice cream.
She joked about her sisters, they were funny.

Camilos pov:

I was bored listening to Mirabel talk with Y/n. They tried to get me in their conversation but I wanted to hang out with Y/n alone. I felt a little jealous of Mirabel for meeting her first.

I didn't know if Mirabel had seen Y/n's vulnerable side but I secretly hoped she hadn't. When I consoled and hugged her I didn't want to let her go. It felt unreal. Seeing her cry hurt my heart, I want to protect and keep her safe from anyone who wants or tries to hurt her in any way.

She didn't tell me what happened or who had hurt her but I'll find out and get back at them.