chapter 11

"I love what's going on here but we need to leave."I said to Kie and Pope. we heard sirens. "Come on." JJ said. we didn't even walk 5 steps until the cops showed up. Pope kept walked. Kie stood there with her hands up. 

JJ and I were next to each other. "Don't move. hands up." The SBI cop said. "Pope hands." Kie said. JJ,Pope and I all put our hands up. 

"We're to late. He's gone goddamn it." Shoupe yelled. "Bratcher have you guys stand down. Let me talk to these kids. All right where is he." shoupe said.

 "Where the hell is he. Valerie ,JJ i see you're livin' up to you name."Shoupe said. I was gonna jump at him but i realized it's not the best time.

 "Pope how about you. This isn't a fucking game. You can do the right thing right now. Where'd he go." Shoupe yelled. 

Shoupe made us get into a car and drove us to a tent where a bunch of people are at.

⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒

"Follow Plumb to that tent." Shoupe said to us. pope got out first then Kie then JJ and I. "This way." Plumb said. 

"Right to you're left here. Sit down and don't move we got a lot to talk about" Shoupe said. I sat next to JJ. "keep an eye on these kids." Shoupe said. 

"Blockade is up at the marsh and Masonboro. and all other inlets from Shem Creek to Breach Inlet. I want eyes on all coastal access points people. Let's get this guy." A man said. 

JJ had a hand on my thigh. I looked over at Kie and Pope and I saw pope put a hand on Kie's. "You still owe me my 20 bucks Love." I said to JJ's ear. "hey we're back up we got power." A man yelled. 

Shit.

 I looked at JJ. "That's them there they are." A man yelled. "No." I said quietly. "Look's like a Phantom." A kid yelled. 

it started to pour down rain. After about 10 minutes shoupe,Plumb and Thomas came in. We all stood up and went over to them. 

"Did you find them." Pope asked."No"Shoupe said. "So they got away." Kie said. Shoupe looked at us. "We uh. We lost them. I'm sorry"Shoupe said. 

"You lost them.What do you mean you lost them? Like are they gone. what are you talking about" Pope asked.

 "They took an open boat into a tropical depression Pope." Shoupe said. "So they're dead." Kie said. "we don't know." Shoupe said. 

"You Drove them straight through a storm man." JJ yelled. "Are you kidding me. Come here." JJ yelled. He went towards Shoupe. 

"hai ucciso i migliori amici. Li hai guidati attraverso una fottuta tempesta. ho intenzione di ucciderti." I yelled. I lunged at Shoupe too. }you killed our best friends. You drove them straight through a fuckin storm. I'm going to kill you.}

Thomas grabbed JJ. I grabbed Shoupe's shirt and pushed him against a table. "Hey." Plumb yelled. 

She tried to get me off of him. I pushed her off and went back to Shoupe. "You fucking killed them." I screamed. 

At this point i was crying. It's one thing for me to cry of sadness but another thing to cry because of anger. I pushed Shoupe onto the ground.

 "I'm going to fuckin kill you." I yelled. Other cops came and pulled me off."He didn't kill anyone and you know it." Pope yelled. "We're still looking for him all right." Shoupe said. I was still crying. 

I was trying to get out of the cops grip. "Pope. Pope just stop." Kie said. The cops let go of me and I ran to JJ. He pulled me into a hug. 

"He's gone." I said crying. JJ was crying to. Popes and Kie's parents came in the tent. Kie hugged her parents and pope hugged his.