chapter 13

We got to the police department and walked into shoupe's office."You can't just-" I cut him off. "Shut the hell up." i said.

 JJ took the bandanna off the gun that was on his desk."Ya'll are telling me this is the firearm Rafe Cameron used to kill Peterkin with." Shoupe said.

 "Did we stutter." I said. "This is exactly what we're telling you." JJ said. "And the exact same firearm that ward just used to kill Gavin." Pope said.

 "Where's that corpse again" shoupe asked. "didn't you look." Kie said. "i checked the hospital. i went to his house. He was out."shoupe said. 

"He was out." Kie said. "No shit cause he's dead." JJ yelled. "Listen to yourself it makes sense." I yelled. 

"Just because he's not in his damn house does not mean he was a victim of a homicide." Shoupe said.

 "Who was the last person with him. Ward. How did the gun go in the drain. Because Gavin kicked it off the edge. It makes sense." I yelled. 

"doesn't mean anything." Shoupe said. "What are you talking about." Kie yelled. "You gotta be kidding." JJ said. 

"Are you at least gonna send it in ballistic and shit Or are you gonna sit on your ass." Kie said."He'll just sit on his fat ass." I yelled.

"He'll sit there and wax that damn mustache. Is that even real." JJ said. "i'll wax this.-" Shoupe said standing up. "Shut up JJ, Valerie" Pope yelled. 

I stood up from the chair i was sitting in. "It's not fair. how much did Ward pay you." I yelled."Oh i'm sorry did we hurt his feelings" JJ said.

 "Shut up."Pope yelled at us. Shoupe walked to the door and opened it. "Get out. I got work to do."Shoupe said.

 "Yeah his just gonna-" Pope cut me off. "Val Shut the hell up." Pope yelled at me. "Are you serious." Kie said. "ya'll are smelling up my office." Shoupe said. 

"Shit."Pope said. Kie got up and walked to Shoupe. "Did Ward bride you. This doesn't make sense."Kie said to him. "You ain't gonna do shit." JJ said to Shoupe.

 "You better do something shoupe instead of sitting on your fat ass" I said. "Out." He yelled at me. We walked out. 

Kie and pope went to take a shower. Same with JJ and I but we went somewhere else.I got in first. "That was disgusting." I said rising out my hair.

 I put my hand over, so I can get a towel. "Here you go Cupcake." JJ said handing it to me. "Thanks love." i said. JJ hand given me some to wear since mine were nasty as fuck.

 I got in the clothes and walked out. JJ got in. "I feel like a human being again." I said. "Well you actual smell like one again." JJ said.  

JJ Hopped in the shower. a few minutes later, He put his hand over like i did. I handed him a towel. 

"Thank you Princess." JJ said. He got out and sat next to me. JJ put his arm around my shoulders. 

"You smell like a human too." I said leaning into him"Shoupe pisses me off." I said. "I know. he pisses me off too." JJ said putting his chin on my head.

 "Hey cupcake." JJ said. "yeah amore" I said. "Do wanna go on a date."JJ said. "JJ we are already dating." I said looking up at him. 

"I know and i'm happy we are but we haven't had our first date yet." JJ said. "I would love to." I said. he kissed my lips. I smiled. 

⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒⭒

The next day we went to school. I wore one of JJ's shirts and  black cargo pants, and converse. I Sat in science with JJ blowing up my phone.