Chapter 6

Star boy is a very advanced man. He has a lot of links, people knew and loved him from a familiar entertaining company in the area. He is what Jamaicans called an 'all rounder'.

Having him in my life could add some value, especially where my career path lies. I needed someone with exposure and links to help me bring my brand across, he was the perfect man for the job, and to add to that he believed in me and was always willing to offer ideas regarding my businesses. Having him in my circle could generate lots of interest in my businesses. Even if the chemistry between us did not blossom into much, at least I would gain from the encounter. He is willing to help me build my brand and I am willing to take the opportunity come what may. I was eyeing more of friends with benefits affair than a romantic one.

It could be a win-win situation, he could get to dive into my honey pot and I could get the opportunity to learn from him and his expertise. If you ask me, I would be the winner whichever way this turns out since I also have a great desire to explore the pages of this sexy man.

I planned to meet up with Star boy in the evening. I wanted to soak up some more of his awesomeness. I felt so alive in his presence. He had offered to take me to the Frenchman resort in Junction St Elizabeth. I happily accepted the offer.

As I slid my yellow sequins dress over my bottom I thought of how good it felt when Star boy pulled me into his embrace last week. I had not seen him since then, I missed him very much. I'm very excited to see him this evening.

I installed my eyelashes and lightly beat my face with face powder then added some red matte lipstick to my lips. I twirled in front of the mirror to get a view of every inch of my body. I was fine like a perfectly cured red wine, I hope Star boy thought the same. I damped my neck with some of the Black Kenneth Cole perfume I bought online last week. I was ready to go.

I picked up my phone and send a quick message to Star boy to indicate to him that I was ready. I sat on the chair in the corner of my bedroom. Star boy was running late and I hated it. I felt frustrated. I didn't believe that it was a very wise idea to keep a lady waiting, she might just change her mind.

I shake my leg in frustration as I check the time on the Michael Kors watch I had on. It was almost 8:30 and the curfew hour was at 11 o'clock. I sucked at my teeth.

"Where could this man be? I mumbled to myself.

I waited another half hour before I sprung up angrily to remove my clothing. I looked at my image in the mirror with feelings of disappointment peering through my eyes.

Suddenly my phone rang."Yes sir!" I answered in a husky voice.

"Mad at me?" Star boy asked.

"Why should I be mad?"
"You owe me no obligation" I fired at him.

"Come on, stop that!" he snapped back.

"I can explain"I listened in silence.

"The lady came here and wanted to start an argument with me" he uttered and sigh.

"Hmmm!"
"That's why married men must stay married!" I mumbled.

I wanted to go on and on about how much this wasn't gonna work out but I felt dumbfounded by a pinch of ache inside my chest.

"Come outside"
"I'm coming to get you" he responded.

I went outside and felt an awkward feeling building up in my body. I felt nervous and ashamed when I thought of my neighbors seeing me with this married man.

A lady from across the road glanced at me with mischief in her eyes. I knew the community would hear of this in the morning. I hung my head down feeling more ashamed.

Star boy pulled up at my gate and I quickly hopped inside his vehicle. I folded my hands to let him know that he was not quite off the hook for what he did.

He nudged me, "Still mad?"

I peek at him through the corner of my eyes and when he glanced back I cut my eyes at him.

He laughed, look at me, and laughed some more.

"Sweet Lady, I am sorry!"
" I just did not want her to make you the reason why our marriage is falling apart"

I felt utterly mortified that she could think that.

I shot him deadly daggers with my eyes. "How did I get involved in this Sir?"

I rubbed my hands over my legs caressing the material of my dress as I await his response.

Star boy pretended not to hear me.

"Sir" I snapped my fingers to get his attention. He ignored me once more.

He appeared to have been lost in his little world and I knew there was nothing a man hated more than a nagging woman so I gave up. I decided to tackle this argument at a more convenient time.

I admired his firm facial features before turning my attention to the road. He was such a good-looking man. As I watch the busy street I wondered what it was like to be married to this man.