Chapter 12

What I found most intriguing about Star boy was his intellectualism and sense of style. His greatest wealth was not that of materialistic things but that of brainpower. Why was he incapable of being the perfect man for his wife? I mean, he is a great father but he falls short of the qualities of being a great husband. Well, in his wife's eyes he wasn't because in my eyes he was Mr. Sent from heaven. In my opinion class and social background has a lot to do with how one procreates. In other words, if people were not from a similar background or weren't cultured in a similar manner, then it is almost impossible for us to build a successful life together. Even if they attempt to do so then conflict will be at the forefront of their relationship.

Star boy and his wife are two people with different views on life, different past experiences, and different ways in which they believe that the obstacles of life should be dealt with.

Star boy is seen to the public as just an ordinary man, however to people like me, who have gained the opportunity to socialize with him on a heart-to-heart basis, knows his prospects are that of a man of great value. A man that if or was nurtured correctly would be very influential not only to our society but the world at large.

Star boy tilted his head and looked at me, he smiled and patted my leg.
"Sometimes I can't believe this is finally happening,"
"Is this for real?" he asked

I blushed.
"What?" I asked knowing damn well what he was getting at.

"You being here with me" he conceded

I smiled. I couldn't believe it myself too. If I was told months ago that I would be exchanging saliva with this man I would laugh the person to scorn. This is the essence of life; we never know what the future holds.

"Life baby" was all I managed to say.
I was not used to so much attention and genuine openness from a man. I didn't know how to respond to it. His openness always seems to startle me. The guys I dated in my past were never like Star boy, they did not have much value to add to our relationship.

I watched as Star boy's eyes crinkle at the corner as he smile. I leaned over and kissed his cheek gently.

He reached for my hand and interlocked it with his.
"Destiny babygirl"

He glanced at me and quickly returned his gaze to the road.
"I hope one day you will become my wife and we can get a chance to show the world how much love we have to give to each other"

I smiled as he continued.
"We get each other"
"I can be myself with you"
"I don't feel like I have to be fighting some mental battle with you"
"When I come to you I can take off my armor and shield and be at home"
"I am my best self with you eno gyal, trust me it’s only a pity"
"Yah me baby and I just want to be a good man for you now until life permits me one day to give you my all"

I was speechless. I opened my mouth to respond and no words came out. All I wanted at that moment was to make sweet love to him.