Chapter 18

A/n Hello once again. I will be continuing this story, but I can't bring myself to follow this story after a certain point. The show has been running for eight seasons, beginning in 2013. It has been eight years, and they still have not gotten anywhere close to a conclusion. Couple that with the immature, incompetent, and frankly abusive management of Rooster Teeth I can't really support them.

 The treatment of the animation team allowed Rooster teeth's animated works to get a full season of content at half price by abusing their animators, forcing them to work ungodly hours, deal with HR that do nothing to help besides offer platitudes about how they're working on fixing it, and deal with a management structure that has the voice actors running everything with little to no input on time restraints or other matters. If you can still support them knowing all this be my guest. But I'm still ending this after the *Spoilers* arc concerning Menagerie and Blake's parents. 

That being said, let's focus on something more lighthearted shall we? I hope you enjoy.

----------------------------------

Y/n's POV

Sitting in class, I can't really bring myself to pay attention. I know enough about the Grimm to pass already, and with the plans we have after class I'm struggling to pay attention. Jaune is trying unsuccessfully to ask Weiss out. The bell rings and we all head back to our dorms. We change into some alternate attire. For what reason I don't know, but I think I look good. A black leather jacket, a white t-shirt featuring a rose set in a black wing, and olive green cargo pants with a pair of black boots. 

"Y'know, this outfit has grown on me. I think I might make this my normal outfit now." Blake nods her approval. "You look good in it."

"You look good too. I'm a fan of the midriff." She looks away, blushing.

Ruby takes it upon herself to embarrass us. "You two, stop flirting. We need to go over the plan." Ruby has been super excited about this. Going on about how we're finally acting like real Huntsmen and Huntresses. I still think it's kind of dangerous, but they won't take no for an answer. So I'll just have to watch over them.

We go over the plan, with me joining Yang. Then we hear Sun outside the window. Does he really have nothing better to do than butt into our affairs?

"How did you get up there?"

"Ah, it's easy; I do it all the time."

"You do what!?"

"I climb trees all the time!" He flips into the dorm without asking. 

"Sun, if I find out you've been spying on my sisters or my girlfriend so help me..." He's quick to defend himself after that. Glad he still knows who's the strongest out of the two of us.

"So, are we finally getting back at that Torchwick guy?"

"We are going to investigate the situation... as a team," Blake tries to clue him in. 

"Sorry, Sun. We don't want to get friends involved if we don't have to." He's a strong warrior and a decent guy, but I don't think he should be tagging along on a dangerous journey like this. I don't even want Ruby and Yang to do this. That's why I'm glad Ruby chose the least dangerous part, and why I'm going with Yang. I wish I could be there with Blake, but I can't be in two places at once and her semblance is pretty well suited for getting her out of danger. I'll just have to trust her.

"Psh! That's dumb! We should always get friends involved! That's why I brought Neptune!" Looking out the window, we all see Neptune standing on the small ledge outside.

"'sup?"

"How did you even get up here?" 

"I have my ways. Seriously, though, can I come in? We're like, really high up right now." Sighing, I grab him by the collar and heave him into the dorm.