Chapter 8

Hey. Sorry about the wait. I've been having trouble finding time to update, but hopefully to the 12 of you keeping up with the story, thanks for waiting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N P.O.V.

So.... Ruby just fell from the sky, neat. Blake was busy staring at the tree Ruby landed in. "Did your sister just fall from the sky?" Yang was just as perplexed. " I..." 

But she was interrupted by an Ursa charging into our clearing, being pelted with pink projectiles. "YEEEEEEEHAAAAW!" The Ursa falls over dead, after which a redheaded girl in a pink skirt rolls off of it with a disappointed look on her face. "Awwww... It's broken." While she's busy examining the corpse of the Ursa, an Asian man in a green coat jogs into view, clearly winded from trying to keep up with his partner. "Nora! Please... Don't ever do that again." After catching his breath he looks up and realizes his partner is nowhere in sight. The girl has already picked up the gold rook piece, and has proceeded to dance around with it. 

"NORA!" The girl salutes with a dopey look on her face before bounding back to her partner. 

"Poor sap..." I can't help but shake my head in pity.

"Did that girl just ride in on an Ursa?" Blake asks. "I..." Yang is once again interrupted by as Nikos comes rushing towards us, a Death Stalker chasing her, Jaune swinging on its tail. 

"Jaune!"

"Pyrrha!"

Ruby stands up on the branch she landed on. "Whoa." She rushes off the branch and lands in a roll. 

"Ruby," Jaune whines.

"Ruby!" Ruby quickly becomes excited. "YANG!"

"Nora!" The redhead pops in between Yang and Ruby's reunion.

As Nikos continues to run away from the Death Stalker, Blake once again asks a question. "Did she just run all the way here with a Death Stalker on her tail?"

Yang explodes suddenly, her hair and eyes alight. "I can't take it anymore! Can everyone just chill out for two seconds before something crazy happens again?!"

Looking up I see a giant Nevermore circling us overhead. "Umm... Yang?" Ruby catches our sister's attention, pointing the bird out to her. 

Looking closer, we all see Ice Queen clinging to its talon for dear life. "How could you leave me?!" Ruby cups her hands and calls back, "I said 'JUMP'."  

"She's gonna fall," Blake said.

"She'll be fine." Ruby replied.

"She's falling," the Asian man said. "Yep," I said

But Jaune leaped towards her, catching her. Afterwards they both plummeted to the ground, Weiss landing on top of him.

"My hero," she said sarcastically. "My back," he groaned. 

"Great! The gang's all here! Now we can die together!" Yang exclaims condescendingly. Ruby looks at the Death Stalker that had previously chased Nikos.......................Oh, no. I know that look. She's about to do something incredibly idiotic. And in our current predicament, might actually get us all killed.

"Not if I can help it." Dammit Ruby. She pulls out Crescent Rose, rushing towards the Death Stalker. While running, she starts shooting at its skull mask, trying to get it to chase after her. I race after her, knowing she can't fight this thing by herself. Most Huntsman require a team of at least four to take one out. Pulling out my own rifle, I proceed to cover her, trying to divide its attention. It's no use as Ruby gets batted away by the Grimm, leaving her dazed. "D-Do-Don't worry! Totally fine!" Shaking herself, she continues to dump rounds into the thing, as if the first twenty did anything at all.