Chapter 7

A/N Two story updates in one day! Whooooo! Please don't expect this to be a regular thing, though. This will be in the point of view of Y/N. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N P.O.V.

I'm strolling through the forest, trying to find my way to the relics. As I walk I try to keep my guard up, on the lookout for other students, or something a little less friendly. 

After a while I come to a clearing, farther away I see a sharp cliff, a perfect place for a carved structure. I start to pick up my pace, only to hear growling and snarling. Drawing my weapon, I leap back, just in time to avoid two Beowolves. They turn to face me, lunging again. Raising Fell Cyclone, I chop one of them in half. The remaining Grimm rises to it's hind legs and lets out a howl. All of a sudden, the entire pack arrives out of nowhere. They form a ring, and begin to circle me, no doubt trying to get behind me to attack. I dash forward, cleaving two Beowolves in half. 

The other Grimm howl, and begin rushing at me. Smirking, I turn to face the first one. Kicking it in the abdomen and knocking it away I spin around slicing of the arm and then the head of another. I start spinning, becoming a whirlwind, limbs and heads flying all around me. Soon a pack of Ursa show up. Together with the remaining Beowolves they start to pile onto me. I'm barely able to keep the closest Grimm at bay at this point. Sighing I mutter, "Guess I have no choice." Suddenly my sword curves, a pole elongating out of the handle. Gripping it tightly, I give a spin, blowing away all of them. Lunging at a Beowolf I slice its head clean off. Turning my scythe around, I whack its head at an Ursa, stunning it. Not one to waste an opportunity I go and cut off both of its legs, leaving it to wriggle around until it faded away. 

I leaped at a Beowolf, cutting it in half, and I vault off of its lower half at an Ursa, splitting it down the middle. Using the Grimm as a springboard, I slice them to pieces, quickly leaving a pile of limbs and black smoke.

Sweating a little, I begin to jog towards the cliff.

I come to a small stone temple, sitting in an alcove. I look around, seeing no one, I walk a little closer. I see some pedestals. Looking closer, I see that there are chess pieces sitting there. Chuckling, I go and pick up a gold pawn. looking at the other pedestals, I see I'm the first one here. 

A couple of pairs soon come into view, rushing towards the relics. I lean against the wall, my eyelids drooping slightly, and before I know it, I'm asleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up and hear rustling behind me. I whirl around drawing my sword. I hear a voice, meaning it must be another student. I sigh in relief, putting away my weapon.

"Think this is it?" I recognize that voice, and I can't help but smirk. Seeing my blonde sister, I chuckle and raise my voice. "Yang, so glad you could make it! I was starting to think you weren't coming." Said blonde gives me a grin, happy to see a familiar face, probably.

"Well, I would've gotten here sooner if I hadn't ran into a few Ursa. It was a pain to deal with. By the way, did you see any Grimm?" 

I smile widely. "Oh, maybe a Beowolf or two."

"Well, you probably remember Blake," she says, waving to the black and white girl. I nod before turning to Blake. Giving her a smile and a wave I say, "Nice to see you again, Blake." 

She nods in agreement. "So, what are the relics?" 

"See for yourself."

Yang and Blake walk forward staring at the pedestals. Blake pipes up questioningly. "Chess pieces?"

" Some of them are missing. Looks like we weren't the first ones here." Yang turns to me and asks, "Do you know who got here first?" I can't help the sudden swell of pride as I reply, "Who do you think?"

Yang grins mischievously. " Not you?" I slap her on the arm as she snickers.

Blake speaks up again, saying, "Well, I guess we should pick one."

"Hmmmm... How about a cute little pony?" Yang asks. Blake gives her a small smile. "Sure."

Suddenly a high pitched shriek pierces the air. 

"Some girl's in trouble! Blake, did you hear that?" But Blake is too busy staring in the sky.

"Blake, did you hear that? What should we do?" 

I'm starting to hear a faint scream saying, "Heads uuuuuuuuuuupp!"

Ruby is hurtling towards us before Jaune knocks into her and they both land in a tree, slightly dazed. 

I smirk. "Hey, sis. Glad you could drop by."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N I hope you all enjoy. Any and all criticism is appreciated.