Chapter 5

Sorry for the wait. but I just got a new laptop, so now I can type instead of use my phone. So I will hopefully be able to update more frequently.

Y/N P.O.V.

I woke up and headed off towards the locker room, Yang and Ruby in tow. Getting my gear together, I saw a redheaded girl in a pink skirt and a white blouse following a guy with long black hair with a pink stripe in a green jacket and white pants. The girl giggled and whispered, "Together-together."

Ruby followed them with her eyes. " Wonder what those two are so worked up about?"

I looked at her and shrugged. Yang spoke up. "Oh, who knows? So, you seem awfully chipper this morning!" 

Ruby was positively beaming. " Yep! No more awkward small talk or "getting to know you" stuff. Today, I get to let my sweetheart do the talking." She then grabbed Crescent Rose and stroked it lovingly. Shaking my head, I muttered, "Sometimes you scare me, Sis." She turned to me and stuck her tongue out at me like a child.

Yang then clears her throat, bringing our attention back to her. " Well, remember, Ruby, you're not the only one going through initiation. If you wanna grow up, you're gonna have to meet new people and learn to work together." Ruby sighs in frustration and rolls her eyes. "You sound like DAD!" She quickly shoves Crescent Rose into her locker. "Okay, first of all, what does meeting new people have to do with fighting? And secondly, I don't need people to help me grow up! I drink milk!" 

Shaking my head, Yang said, "But what about when we form teams?" Ruby suddenly grows nervous, sweating a little. "Um, I don't know, I...... I'll just be on your and Y/N's team or something..." Yang begins stroking her hair gently. "Maybe you should try being on someone else's team?"

" My dear sister Yang, are you implying that you do not wish to be on the same team as me?"

"What? No! Of course I do! I just thought... I don't know, maybe it would help you... break out of your shell!"

"What the-?! I don't need to 'break out of my shell'! That's absolutely-"

Suddenly Jaune rushes past us, holding a map. "Ridiculous! There's no way I put my gear in locker 636 yesterday! I would've remembered having to count that high! Why does this have to happen today?" He passes Ice Queen talking with a red haired young woman, wearing a bronze corset, with a small crown-like thing on her forehead. My eyes widen. That's THE Pyrrha Nikos. Not trusting Weiss, I listen into her conversation.

"So, Pyrrha, have you given any thought to whose team you'd like to be on? I'm sure everyone must be eager to unite with such a strong, well-known individual such as yourself!" I narrowed my eyes, surely she isn't talking to Nikos just to be friendly. She doesn't have a friendly bone in her body.

Pyrrha looks thoughtful now. "Hmm... I'm not quite sure. I was planning on letting the chips fall where they may."

"Well... I was thinking maybe we could be on a team together." Aha! Now it makes sense. She's planning on using Nikos to artificially inflate her status at the school.

"Well, that sounds grand!" Nikos said, cheerfully.  Weiss smiles, "Great!"

White Bitch turns away, an evil smirk on her face. Nikos is seemingly unaware of Schnee's plans for her.

Jaune steps in between them, clearing his throat. "You know what else is great? Me. Jaune Arc. Nice to meet you." Weiss scowls at him. "You again?" 

'Oh, no. What's he gonna do?' I think.

Nikos walks forward, trying to introduce herself. "Nice to meet you, Jaune!" she said, smiling.

"Yeah, yeah. He pushes Nikos aside, turning towards Schnee. "So, Weiss, couldn't help but overhear your fondness of me the other day."