Chapter 14

Blake P.O.V.

I wake up to find Y/N isn't in bed. Looking around, I see Sun in the other bed, snoring loudly. I lay my head back down on the pillow, remembering Y/N's training routine. Getting up, I head down to the lobby to ask for a map. Heading back to the room, I spot Y/N entering the room, and I call out to him. "Y/N, I need to speak with you."

He turns to face me. "Yes?"

Walking up to him, I say, "I just wanted to thank you for being here for me." He smiles warmly and says, "You're welcome, I'm here for you." Opening the door he says, " Come on, let's go get some breakfast."

I nod, following him into the room. Y/N heads to the bathroom to clean himself off. I go over to Sun and shake him. "Sun, wake up."

He groans and turns away, leaving me no choice. I grab his arm and pull him straight off the bed.

"WHAT!? what's happening?" he asks, startled. 

"We're going to get breakfast. Get ready," I say curtly. Pulling himself off of the ground, he stretches and yawns loudly. "Okay, okay. Got it." I sit down on the other bed, waiting for Y/N to be done.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We make our way to a café near our hotel. I order some tea, along with Y/N and Sun.

"So, you want to know more about me..." I say to Sun, staring at him intently.

 "Finally, she speaks! Nearly two days and you gave me nothing but small talk and weird looks!" I give him an intense glare, not in the mood for his moronic games. "Yeah, like that." Y/N smacks Sun in the back of the head, silencing him. 

 "Sun... Are you familiar with the White Fang?"

 "Of course! I don't think there's a Faunus on the planet who hasn't heard of them. Stupid, holier-than-thou creeps that use force to get whatever they want. Bunch of freaks, if you ask me!"

I take a sip of my tea before addressing him. "I was once a member of the White Fang."

Sun chokes on his tea, trying to process this. "Wait a minute, you were a member of the White Fang?!" Y/N smacks him in the back of his head again. "Keep your voice down, you moron," he whispers. 

"That's right. I was a member for most of my life, actually. You could almost say I was born into it... Back then, things were different. In the ashes of war, the White Fang was meant to be a symbol of peace and unity between Humans and the Faunus. Of course, despite being promised equality, the Faunus were subjected to discrimination and hate. Humanity still thought of us as lesser beings. And so, the White Fang rose up as a voice of our people. And I was there."

I reminisce about my first few years as a member of the White Fang, back when Dad was still High Leader.

"I was at the front of every rally. I took part in every boycott. I actually thought we were making a difference. But I was just a youthful optimist. Then, five years ago, our leader stepped down, and a new one took his place. A new leader, with a new way of thinking. Suddenly, our peaceful protests were being replaced with organized attacks. We were setting fire to shops that refused to serve us, hijacking cargo from companies that used Faunus labor. And the worst part was, it was working. We were being treated like equals. But not out of respect... out of fear." 

I set my teacup down, looking the stunned monkey Faunus in the eyes.

 "So, I left. I decided I no longer wanted to use my skills to aid in their violence, and instead, I would dedicate my life to becoming a Huntress. So here I am: a criminal hiding in plain view, all with the help of a little black bow."