Chapter 2

"Your family? But... I thought you hadn't spoken to them in a while. And just now you choose to talk to them, so we could train Kate?" said Mario.

"To be frank, I did call them after we rescued Kate. After our adventure, I finally felt the motivation and courage to reach out to them," said Sonic. He looked up at his friends, smiling sadly as he spoke.

"You did?" said Kate.

She already knew this, but she didn't want Sonic to know that it was because she overheard him. She had walked by and heard his end of the conversation shortly after they finally made it back from the Mushroom Kingdom from their adventure.

"Sure did. Anyway, I called my mom, and she said that she'll consider letting us train you in Mobotropolis, but first, she'll want to meet you," said Sonic

The blue hedgehog let out a heavy sigh.

"I think it'll be a lovely idea, Sonic. You'll get to see your family again," said Princess Peach, smiling.

"Almost all of my family..." Sonic muttered, as quietly as he could so no one could hear him. He looked back at his friends and said, "Maybe. I'm not sure how my family takes to humans after how Eggman treated Mobians back while his name was Robotnik. And not to mention that I haven't seen my family in person since I went off on my own. I didn't want the royal lifestyle unlike them..."

"You won't go through this alone. I'll be right there after all," said Kate.

"Yeah, but I'm still a bit nervous..." said Sonic.

"What if Luigi and I come along? And can't you ask Tails and Amy to tag along to? We can all go with you to support you," said Mario.

"That would be nice, but... you and your brother sure about it? And I'll have to ask Tails and Amy about it first obviously," said Sonic.

"I'm sure of it, Sonic," said Mario, nodding his head.

Sonic smiled sadly at his friends and said, "Thanks guys. We'll head out in the morning, okay?"

"You got it," said Kate and Mario, at the same time.

The following morning, as the sun rose up in the sky, the group was already on the road, heading to Mobotropolis. Tails was piloting the Tornado, with Luigi, Amy, and Kate as his passengers. Mario was on the ground driving his kart, and Sonic was running at his super speed.

Up in the plane, as she sat in her seat and patiently waited for them to arrive at their destination, Kate was silent. She stared down at the ground, watching Mario and Sonic as they traveled to Mobotropolis in their own methods.

'They really have gone all out with helping me. First rescuing me twice, then becoming friends, and now helping me with training. I hope Sonic's family won't give him a hard time since he's trying to help me...' she thought.

"Hey guys!" called out Tails's voice.

Kate looked up. She saw that Amy and Luigi were looking up at the pilot's seat, where Tails had turned to look around at them really quick.

"We're almost there! Mobotropolis is dead ahead!" he called out to them.

Kate leaned forward, getting a good look at what was ahead. Another city was in sight, but unlike the Mushroom Kingdom, it did look a little bit like a metropolis city. There were tall, gleaming buildings with glass windows. The city looked clean, and shined like jewels. As the plane approached the city and flew above the streets, Kate could see that there were many Mobians walking around. To her surprise, they weren't dressed up in business suits, and looked rather normal.