Chapter 6

A few more days passed by. Training was running by smoother, and Kate was getting into a routine. She would wake up early to prepare for the day and eat something, then spend a few hours outside working on training with various members of the group. There would be a break for lunch and dinner time, and by then, when the day was over and everyone else went to bed, she would stay up and secretly read the book that she brought that contained information about the power of dreams.

As she was training with everyone, Kate began to get to know the others that she hadn't met before. All of them were friends to Mario or Sonic, and they had all come by to help her train and learn how she could control her powers. The least she could do was get to know them and become friends with them.

Sonia and Manic, Sonic's triplet siblings, were certainly different from their brother. Kate was surprised to learn how the three of them were so different from each other. For starters, the three of them played different musical instruments: Sonic plays guitar, Sonia is skilled in the piano, and Manic was an expert with the drums. Another interesting fact was that Sonia had a different ability from Sonic, super strength, while Manic had no special abilities of his own. And finally, all three of them had grown up in different environments, which may be why they were all so different from each other.

Princess Daisy was the ruler of a kingdom called Sarasaland. She was Princess Peach's best friend, but she was also very different from the princess of the Mushroom Kingdom. Daisy was a tomboy and was tough as nails. Kate also noticed that Luigi seems to have a little crush on the tomboy princess, and found it adorable, considering that Daisy liked him in return.

Cream was Amy's best friend, and the pink hedgehog and the young rabbit were even close like sisters. The little blue creature that would accompany Cream, the chao named Cheese, was a companion to Cream and a rather cute creature. As for Cream's mother, Vanilla, Kate learned that Vanilla was a single but loving mother and very supportive of her daughter and her friends.

Charmy, the bee that Vanilla was babysitting, was the same age as Cream. He was six years old, and a member of a group called the Chaotix. Charmy described the group as a group of detectives, and as the youngest member, he followed the two older members. The second oldest was Espio, a purple chameleon who was a master of the ninja arts, while the other one was Vector, a crocodile with a love for music. Charmy also added that Vector had a little crush on Vanilla. Hearing about Espio and Vector from Charmy made Kate hope that she could eventually meet the two.

The other child that Vanilla was babysitting, the raccoon, was a young girl named Marine. She was a friend of Blaze, and was even from the same world as Blaze. She lived on an island called Southern Island, and was a builder like Tails, though she specialized in building ships best for sailing the sea.

And finally, there was Knuckles, the red echidna from Angel Island. For some reason, Kate felt the most connected with him out of everyone else she had become friends with. Knuckles was a loner and felt uncomfortable in some situations, which Kate felt sympathy for him.

With the people she was becoming friends with, she heard all of their stories about their lives and adventures, but she mainly learned about how they have had to face off bad guys. Mainly Bowser and Eggman were the ones to cause trouble in their stories, but Kate could understand that everyone has fought to protect their world from danger.

And with her powers, she hoped that she could help her new friends and become a hero like them too.

Morning arrived, beginning another day. Everyone at the estate was waking up early, heading to get some food in the kitchen and prepare for the day. Up in her room, Kate was secretly reading another passage from the book. It wasn't in her usual routine to read the book in the morning, but curiosity was getting the best of her.