The Power of Dreams Trivia

The original title for part two in the original version was "Dreamland". The original title was tied to a particular setting place, but since that setting location wasn't in this part, I changed the title. It was changed to reflect how the main focus on part two is tied to Kate's power.

Due to the change in setting, part two is one of the parts to go through quite a lot of change.

Like with parts one and three of the rewritten version, part two got a title change. "The Power of Dreams" was what I thought of, and it sounded good enough to stick with.

The title "The Power of Dreams" is to emphasize how Kate learning how to wield her power discovered at the end of the previous part is the main focus of part two.

Originally, I planned to draw Mario, Sonic, and Knuckles grouped together for the cover page. Due to stress with life outside of DA, time, and how the guys will become important later on in the series, I switched to implicate how they're still important in the series.

The 1up mushroom represents Mario, the ring represents Sonic, and Knuckles is meant to be shown by how he and Kate are shown to hold hands. The holding hands reflects how Knuckles becomes important to the series at this point.

Before the first hiatus, chapter 1 was honestly the most difficult chapter to write. Not only was I having a very difficult time trying to figure out how to start the story, but I was also struggling to try to write some of the scenes after the dream sequence that started the chapter. It was this struggle to start finish chapter 1 that delayed developing and writing this story.

The book that Kate reads throughout the story was added as I was writing the story. I thought it would be an interesting concept to have Kate reading the book to gain a different idea on her powers and learn about things tied to it from a different perspective other than just merely training.

It also holds some information that could be foreshadowing to the next two parts of the series...

Like in the original version, the Babylon Rogues are important and serve as potential rival characters. Back then, I was neutral on them. For this rewritten version, I have them more important and more fleshed out in their role due to my current love and respect for the Rogues.

In this new version, I had Knuckles introduced at long last since he will become more important starting with part two. Part one of the rewritten version was meant to focus more on the main trio instead. Only now in part two, Knuckles and Kate's relationship finally becomes important.

Much like in the original version, Knuckles and Kate's forming relationship in part two becomes important. However, compared to the original version, they begin their relationship at the ending for sure rather than confirming at the start of part three.

In the original version, Amy was more like her character through the video game series, where she has a big crush on Sonic. Through her new friendship with Kate, she starts to act calmer and eventually she and Sonic are able to confess their feelings for each other.

In the new version, I decided that while she and Sonic look like their in-game selves and their story connects to the game series, their relationship/friendship is more like what they are like in the TV series Sonic Boom. I switched to this because I liked that version of their friendship better, and to not rub off my OC as important to their relationship as much as she played a role in the original version. However, I still have Kate be close friends to both Sonic and Amy. I just have her not affect Amy's character and the relationship between the two.

The idea for the Filipino restaurant that the group goes to in chapter 7 came to me after my mother, my sister, and I cooked chicken adobo and white rice for dinner one night, while this story was in the process of being written.

In chapter 11, with the scene of Knuckles confronting Manic, I was originally thinking of scenarios where he would try to defuse the situation and get Manic to leave Kate. But, given that I didn't want to keep Knuckles out of character, whether or not he and Kate were developing a relationship, I decided that the best course of action was for him to be the knucklehead he is and start up an argument with Manic instead.

The kart race in chapter 13 is a little throwback to the original version. In the original version, there was indeed a kart race. I later had this event become minor in the new version for a few reasons.

This was mainly because in the original version, my OC was getting the best of the other racers, and she was winning. Looking back now, that seems rather selfish. I switched to the race being something just for fun, but still kept the accident at the ending to show that the series will be taking a shadier turn, and things aren't fully safe for the group.

Another reason was because I wanted to make Extreme Gear more important in this new version, since the Babylon Rogues are important in this part of the story. It seemed more fitting to have Extreme Gear play a more important role since the Rogues are now more fleshed out characters in this new version.

My favorite characters to write with were the Babylon Rogues. When I wrote the original version, I was neutral with the characters. Now, they are some of my favorite characters and they were the most fun to write in part two of the rewritten version.

Writing them as supposed enemies, but show more to the audience to how they were feeling about what they were being put through, was honestly fun and interesting for me.

My least favorite characters to write with were Sonia and Manic. It's not that I don't like the characters, but the whole "love triangle" troupe that included them, with them having feelings for Knuckles and Kate respectively, wasn't fun for me to write.

I'm not a fan of the "love triangle" troupe, and it wasn't fun for me to try to write scenes where Knuckles and Kate had to turn down Sonia and Manic yet still fear their friendships with them, as well as with Sonic since he is the brother of Sonia and Manic.

My favorite part to write out was when Sonic first introduces his family to the rest of the group. I had a lot of fun writing out the reunion part of when I finally introduced the Sonic Underground characters into my series, with my own idea on how it was included, and having Sonic's old and new friends meet his siblings and mother was a fun and heart-warming scene to write out.

My least favorite parts to write out included any of the Extreme Gear or kart racing. Action scenes are still aspects of writing that I need more practice on, and given how much I've struggled with writing while this story was in progress, the three races I wrote out honestly came at difficult times to write them out.

I write my stories from the beginning to the end to keep the flow of the plot natural and smooth. The race scenes just came up to be the next aspects to write when things outside of my computer, and in my personal life, were at the roughest points for me to handle on an emotional level.

Writing for the story began before the Covid-19 pandemic of 2020. I was beginning the first Extreme Gear race chapter, and it was at that point, I reached a low point in my fan fiction writing. Not just because of the pandemic, but for other factors, one of which was the primary reason to why I faced a burnout in writing.

Writing the story was then put on hold, until I finally got back into writing it in October 2021, after rereading what was already done and what I planned to do for the remainder of the story. I never intended to give up on this story. It just took more time to finish.