Chapter 5

It was time to get back on track. So many days had passed by since training last took place. Now that everyone had settled in the villa, it was time for training for Kate to resume. Time for her to continue practicing using her powers and learning more on how to control it and how much potential she held.

As much as reading the book in secret was interesting and helpful for her, Kate knew that she had to actually practice using her powers again. She didn't feel comfortable, for she was still worried about if she would cause a mess, especially with some new friends staying at the villa with her. But Mario, Sonic, and a few others believed in her, so she knew better to keep trying her best and to not freak out easily.

So after a good breakfast that Vanilla cooked up, Kate a few others headed outside into the large back yard on the estate's grounds. This time, in addition to Mario and Sonic helping her (like usual), Silver and Shadow were there to. Kate was nervous, mainly because of Shadow. She was unsure on how the black hedgehog would judge her based on how she would perform today.

Kate and Silver were standing a few feet away from each other. The other guys were sitting on a bench nearby. They agreed to all take turns on asking Kate to try to create things with her powers.

"Alright. Let's start basic. I'll tell you to create something out loud, okay?" said Silver.

"Okay," said Kate. She nodded her head and closed her eyes.

"Now. Can you please make me something very, very simple? Like... a small flower in a little vase," said Silver.

Kate didn't respond. Instead, she focused her thoughts and formed a bright ball of light in her hands. In just seconds, it shifted into a little white vase holding a daisy.

"Good. Very good, Kate," said Silver.

The grey hedgehog used his psychic powers to levitate the flower pot out of his friend's hands, and put it aside.

"Now, try to see what I'm thinking about, okay?" said Silver.

Kate once again remained silent. She stayed focused, trying to listen to what Silver was thinking.

"I can hear your thought. You're thinking about... a bouche of flowers this time. To go with the little flower I already made," said Kate.

She focused her powers, and in her hands, a new formed, and shape shifted into a bunch of flowers, where they were wrapped together with a bow on the stems.

Silver smiled. Using his psychic powers, he levitated the bouche out of his friend's hands and put them down, next to the bench that the others were sitting at.

"Nice job Kate. You seem to know doing basic stuff pretty well," he told her.

Kate opened up her eyes and smiled at her friend.

Shadow got up from his seat and walked over to them. When the black hedgehog approached her, Kate stopped smiling. She was nervous to what he was going to say.

"Seems that you have grasped the basics already: seeing what others are thinking and bringing it to life. It's my turn," he said.

"O-okay," said Kate.

Silver stepped back. The grey hedgehog stopped smiling. He eyed Shadow suspiciously.

"What am I thinking about?" Shadow asked Kate.

For a moment, Kate didn't close her eyes. She was a little too nervous to look into what the black hedgehog was thinking. But as he glared at her, she gave in. Not wanting to upset him, she closed her eyes and tried to focus her power onto seeing what he was thinking.