The Fight.

I sat in my bedroom with my head shoved into my pillow.

My parent's were fighting yet again. I hated it when they fought, this time above all sounded like the worst.

A mix of crying and yelling and sounds of things hitting the wall.

..."ARE YOU SERIOUS JOHN...!!!!!"....

"What are we going to do now!?!?!?!"..

Said my parents going back and fourth.

I didnt bother going into to the kitchen. I just stayed in my room for god knows how long until finally I heard someone come into my room.

"Astrid?...", my mother said quitely sitting on my bed.

I sit up, pressing my back onto the head of my bed, not looking at my mom in her eyes.

"Honey....we just went bankrupt."

I freeze now looking directly at my mom. "w-we have n-no money?"

She nods slowly before my dads storms in the room. "Get the fuck up and go buy us some food!", he yells strongly.

I could tell he was drunk, because as soon as he left sickening smell of beer hit me in the face.

I looked at my mom who had stood up, she came over to me and whispered to me quietly, "pack your bags...when I get back we are leaving."

I go to ask a million questions but she just shushs me and leaves quickly.

I did exactly as I was told. I grabbed a big suitcase and grabbed a bunch of clothes and shoved them into the suitcase. I then grabbed a smaller bag and packed alot of hygiene products.

I then grabbed my phone and my phone charger, along with my i-pad, and its charger.

I sat patiently waiting on my mom to get back. It wasn't long because I heard her car pull up shortly after.

I heard her come into the house, and into her room. I heard my dad yell, "fine then leave you stupid bitch!"

My mother then comes into my room and ushers me out, we rush outside and put our bags into the car quickly.

We get in the car and pull out of the driveway.

As we pull off I can't help but look at my dad standing on the porch as we drive away.

And for a while all we did was drive, I pulled out my phone and maps to see where we were at. I seen we had driven from St. Augustine, Florida to Jacksonville Florida.

Finally, we pulled into an empty McDonald's parking lot.

My mother explained everything to me.

She told that my dad had gone to a casino and spent our entire bank account there, deadset on trying to win the lottery. The only money that we had now was the $300 dollars that he won back.

"We have somewhere to go right..?", I asked with a shaky voice.

My mom bit her lower lip as if she was trying to hold back tears.

She shook her head no. "We will be sleeping in the car tonight in a empty abandoned lot."

I nodded slowly and sat back in my seat ,wrapping my head around what was happening.

I couldn't believe what was happening.

************************************

I reclined my seat back and covered myself up with my blanket. I wanted to wake up and pretend that this was all a dream. But I knew it wasnt.

I didnt know what was going to happen now but I knew it wouldn't be what I wanted anymore.