winter vacation.

NATE'S POV:

(At breakfast the following morning)

P.S: Everyone else has already gone out. Since nate stayed back. Macie decided to talk to him, since he looked bummed out about something.

(With Macie and Nate)

"When astrid told me she whoever she was having dinner with was a him. I lost it.", I say.

"But why...?", macie asks.

"I don't know why. But she has something special.", I say. "Im just so fond of her.."

"Nate your in love.", macie says.

"No im protective."

Macie stands up, "When are you going to quit putting your feelings in the garbage Nate?!??!!"

I stand up too. "Im not in love with her!! I know what love feels like for me! What I feel for Astrid...is nothing like that!"

I breath heavily while Macie stands there. "Well maybe that should tell you how special she is then."

She walks outside.

I rub the back of my neck. Is Macie right? Do I love Astrid?

No I can't. She's just special to me.

I grab my eye glasses and head outside. It was warmer than it was yesterday but still chilly. I haven't heard from Astrid all morning so I decide to text her.

Now we wait. I decided to go Kayaking on the lake. I was too sore to go skiing.

ASTRID'S POV:

I slipped on my beanie.

*Knock Knock*

"Im coming Marco!!", I say.

"You ready for your first skiing lesson from the best?"

"Yeah whatever. I should probably text Nate before we go. Haven't talked to him all morning."

Only then I hear his voice.

"Nevermind. I hear him, let's just go talk to him in person!",I say.

I turn around a corner but stop behind a tall wall.

"Why'd we stop?", Marco asks.

"Shh!", I say. I listened to Nate's voice.

I peer around the corner to see him talking to Macie.

"your in love nate.."

"Im not in love with her!!! I know what love feels like for me! What I feel for Astrid...is nothing like that!!"

I couldn't listen to anymore.

"L-lets go.", I say.

"Woah woah whats wrong?", Marco says following me.

"Its...nothing..",I say.

"Woah hey now.", he says stopping me. "Its something alright."

I sigh. "It is okay...but ill explain later. I dont want our day to be ruined."

He nods. "Okay!"

(At the first hill.)

Marco spent an hour teaching me how to balance and turn during skiing. Now it was time to slide down the peak.

"Marco!! Are you sure this is safe?!?", I say.

"You got it just have fun!", he says.

I look down the pike. "I....I can't do it!"