i wanted him

NATE'S POV:

Ever since Astrid told me she loved me I've been lost. I've wanted to talk to her. I could never bring myself to do it. The last 4 days of break were fun I guess. But I had to fake my smile. Astrid hasn't talked to me since the incident. I miss her.

Now it was the 1st which means its time to head back home. I still have to sit by Astrid. Via Jules rule. Only I wish I had more time to talk to her.

"Nate do you have all your stuff?", Marcus asks grabbing his bags.

"Yeah, im coming", I say grabbing my bags.

We head downstairs to the Lodge. Of course the first person I see was Astrid. She looked blank. I couldn't read her expression.

"Hey dude. What's going on with you and Astrid.", Marcus asks.

"I really fucked up..."

"What do you mean nate. "

I sigh. "She told me she loved me, and I didn't say it back."

"....I wish I could say I relate with jules. Because I can't bring myself to tell her either. You guys just need time. Alone time. To talk about your feelings."

I smile softly. "That is if she wants to.."

Not a long time later and we headed to the plane. We got separated the same way then how we came here. I thought about what Marcus said. I figured I would take Astrid to my favorite spot in the city. Hopefully I could get some clarity there.

(On the Plane)

"Is this seat...taken?"

Astrid looks up at me. "No.."

I sit by her. "Hey.."

She stays silent.

"Astrid...please."

"What nate?"

"Listen I know I fucked up. But I really need to know. Since it'll be dark when we get back....if I could take you to my favorite spot in the city?"

She pauses thinking about what I said. "Fine then."

I smile at her. She's given me a second chance. I promised myself I'd tell her how I felt.

Macie was right....right?

ASTRID'S POV:

The rest of the break for me was okay. I didnt see nate much. But I did get to hang out with Marco. The longer I stayed in Colorado, the more I enjoyed it there. I was going to miss it. More importantly...I was going to miss Marco.

(The Morning of The Flight.)

"Im really gonna miss you Marco.", I say picking up my bag.

"Hey. I will too. Remember im just a call or FaceTime away. Until we see each other again.", he smiles.

I pull Marco in for a hug. I knew this was the last time I'd probably ever see him.

"Goodbye Marco.", I sat quitely.

"No. This is not Goodbye. But merely the beginning. I promise ill see you again.", he says.

I pick up my bag and head onto the plane.