mixed signals

NATE'S POV:

Astrid didn't talk to me the next week after I turned her down. To be honest I didn't blame her. I saw her around school and the house, but she tried her best to ignore me. Although as much as I wanted to explain to her, I didnt think she'd want to hear it.

It's currently friday, February 8th.

Im sitting in math when I get a tap on the shoulder.

"Psst!", Jake says.

I turn around. "Yeah?"

"There's a party tommorow night. Its valentines themed, you down?"

I look at Jake. "Really valentine's."

"Hey I dont make the rules. Mallory does."

My eyes widen. "Mallory? Mallory Bridge?"

He nods. "Suprised me to but im not mad. Her house is big as fuck."

I nod turning around, coming face to face with the teacher.

"MR. WESTEN.", he says slamming his hand on my desk. "Care to explain to the class why your talking?"

"Nah, not really.", I laugh, expecting the teacher to find it funny although he doesn't.

"Very funny. Detention after school.", the teacher says walking back to his desk.

I look at Marcus who was sitting next to me trying not to laugh.

I roll my eyes.

ASTRID'S POV:

I didn't talk to nate the rest of the week. I felt embarrassed to even be around him. I was so embarrassed in myself. I felt like I pushed nate. Although I wanted to talk to him and apologize, I just couldnt. Maybe nate is just too good for me anyways. I called jules the night he ditched me and explained everything. She told me its his loss.

Although that didn't make it any better. I was attached to nate now. It was merely impossible to go the day without thinking about him.

Yet my daydreaming landing me in trouble.

(In 2nd hour history)

"MRS. COOPER!"

My eyes shoot up to meet my teachers.

"Mind telling me why your not paying attention or answering my questions in class?", she asks.

I look at jules who is clenching her teeth together.

"No? Didnt think so. Detention after school.", Mrs. Lucas says and walks away from my desk.

I put my head in my hands. How embarrassing and good for me. Yippee.

(At Lunch.)

"Can you believe she gave me freaking detention for daydreaming?", I say pouring some ketchup on my fries.

"Right?", jules says popping a fry into her mouth. "What a boomer."

Jake walks up to our table and sets down 2 tickets.

"Tickets to Mallory's party tommorow. Yall are down right?"

Jules nods. "Obviously I am. You?"

She looks at me. I shrug my shoulders, "sure why not? i haven't been to a party in a while."