29

Scarlett stands on the wooden deck of the Storybrooke harbor over looking the water. Her eyes unblinking and her body still. She gazes out into the distance as the dark thoughts of her mind consume her. She feels the pain both in her body and soul. She feels her heart ache, her heart long for the man she's loved for so long.

But he's gone.

He's gone.

He's dead.

They've been separated before, but never like this.

At least before there's a chance they would've been reunited.

Not this time.

Death is the one thing Scarlett cannot overcome.

She cannot reverse it, only cause it.

Scarlett tears her eyes away just to look down at her budding stomach. She cups it in her hands and manages to let out a gentle smile across her lips. She gently rubs it as the feeling of her unborn children brings some warmth to her cold heart. She brings her hand into her coat pocket and feels the cool material of a bottle.

The gentle thudding of converse on wood gets louder and louder as the Author runs up to his sister.

" Scarlet!" Henry cries out.

She turns around and looks at her brother who's breath comes out in pants. He grabs her hand and then turns around to lead her in the right direction. She doesn't argue and allows her brother to take her all the way to their mother's office where the sisters hug each other in grief. Scarlett sees the Olympian Crystal and manages to put two and two together.

Regina and Zelena are crying, and Robin and Hades are nowhere to be found.

Filled with sorrow, Scarlett slowly approaches her heartbroken mother, who looks up at her daughter and instantly catches her embrace. Regina sobs into her daughter's arms while Scarlett simply holds her. Scarlett holds her mother and she holds her tight without ever thinking about letting go. She plants a kiss a top her head and rests her chin on her raven black hair.

The people of Storybrooke work quickly to arrange the proper goodbyes for the fallen heroes.

One by one, arrow decorated with a single rose is placed upon Robin's casket as the people surround the graveyard.

Today is a very sad and unfortunate day. Today reminds the people of Storybrooke that there are no winners in battles-- only survivors.

Regina and Zelena are the last to leave the grave. The people disperse, but Scarlett stays in the graveyard, but to a different headstone.

She stands in front of the tombstone with the name bearing her husband's name and lets out a heavy sigh.

" Hey, sailor," Scarlett says with a momentary smile, " I always thought we would be able to do this together-- start a family. Raise children together. Live a happy life. We had a happy life... but it was too short. We spent too much time a part and not enough time together. We always said we would travel the seven seas... but it took too long. I never had you for long enough. Something always got in the way. Maybe the universe was telling us we shouldn't be together... but I don't care. I wanted to be with you and I still do. I want you in my life and I want you to be here with me and not in the dirt... I-I wish there was something I can do... but I can't. There is... nothing I can do. For the first time in my life... I am powerless," she takes the bottle out of her pocket and removes the cap, " I loved you... so much. And I will never stop loving you. You are... you are my better half, Jones."

Scarlett brings the bottle to her lips and lets the liquid drip down her throat, but a flash of light and a gust of wind behind her makes her stop.

" Hello, princess."

That voice. That rugged voice that belongs to only one man.

Scarlett's eyes go wide as she ever so slowly turns around to see the absolute love of her life.

" Killian," She whispers breathlessly.

The two stare at each other in disbelief. Killian's eyes well up with tears as he slowly approaches his wife.

" H-How," She stumbles.

" Zeus," He responds, " It was my award."

" Are you... alive?" Scarlett asks, still not believing what she's seeing.

" Well why don't you kiss me and find out?"

Scarlett is more than happy to oblige, but a heavy feeling from deep within her body makes her freeze and drop the now empty bottle on the ground. She looks up at her husband who's eyes are widen with panic and confusion.

" It's too late."