Chapter 14

" Don't even think about getting up".

Killian sighs, but listens to his wife giving him an order.

" Aren't I supposed to be taking care of you?", He asks as he sits back down on the couch.

" When you're all better, yes. But for right now, let me take a look at you".

" Are you sure you want to? Hades sort of knocked the handsome out of me".

" No one's that powerful".

With that, Scarlett places one leg on either side of his hip, resting her bottom on his thighs. She scans his face, looking at the bruises and scars in horror. As the tears well up in her eyes, Killian takes notice.

" Hey, hey, hey", He says, making her look into his good eye, " I'm alright. I'm here".

Scarlett nods with a sniffle as she brings her hands up to his face. A golden glow forms from her hands as she heals him full. As she tries to lean in for a kiss, he pulls away.

" What's wrong?".

" It's just... a lot has happened between us".

" Then what's the problem?".

" I'm the problem. Scar, you were the Dark One for six weeks and only gave into the darkness out of love. I plunged in head first in a second for revenge. I was weak!".

" Not in the end".

" You raised the bar very high, love. The fact is, I don't measure up".

" If you didn't, would I have come all the way down here to save you?".

" That's my point. I'm not so sure I deserve saving".

" So, what are you saying? You want to stay down here?"

A knock on the door interrupts them. And so, Scarlett goes to open it.

" Can I--".

" Killian?", The man asks.

" Liam?", Killian asks.

" So the rumors are true. After all these years, my little brother is finally here".

After hugs were embraced and drinks were poured, Killian explains the tale of how he ended up in the Underworld.

" Liam, how about you? Why are you down here?", Killian asks.

" I wish I knew. I spent countless years trying to figure out a reason", Liam says.

" There is no reason. Hades has the game rigged so no one can leave. My brother's proof of that. Never did a bad thing in his life. He even died nobly, stopping a king from poisoning the realm".

" Stop it, you're making me blush. So, how long have you too been... together?".

" Decades", Scarlett says with a smile on her face, " We got married a little over six months ago".

" Congratulations... doubled, from what I can tell", Liam says, his eyes glancing over to her stomach, " I'm happy for you, brother".

" Hades has you two trapped down here, and that cannot stand. The only way everyone will get free is if we defeat Hades once and for all", Killian says.

" That's not going to happen", Scarlett says, her throat going dry.

" And why is that?".

" Because... he-he's too powerful".

" Scarlett, you're the most powerful sorceress to have ever lived. We'll find away. Liam, you've been down here a very long time, surely you know something that can help us".