Chapter 1

Darkness.

It's something that's inside of us all.

But we never truly know,

until it reveals itself.

3rd Person's POV

*storybrooke*

"How could she be so stupid?!", Regina exclaims.

" Regina!", Robin yells.

" Well, there had to be another way", Regina says.

" There wasn't. That thing was going to kill you. She saved your life", Snow says.

" Don't you think I know that?", Regina asks.

" Am I the only one who is concerned that we just lost Scarlett to a black abyss?!", Killian yells.

" Of course I am!", She exclaims.

"... now they're the... dark ones?", Henry asks.

" Now they're a problem-- for all of us", Regina says.

" She's still good", Grant (played by Ian Somerhalder) says.

"Emma, maybe. But Scarlett... not by a long shot. It's not like they rode off on a unicorn, they got sucked up by a vortex of evil", She says.

" Where are they? Where did they go?", Robin asks.

" It doesn't bloody matter", Killian says as he starts to walk towards the dagger, one side of it bearing Emma's name, and the other Scarlett's.

" Mate, don't--", Robin starts as he puts a hand on Killian.

" Get out of my way!", Killian says, then picks up the dagger, " If we can't find them, I can damn well bring them to me. Dark Ones, with this dagger, I command thee... return! Dark Ones, appear!".

" Put that thing down before you hurt yourself, guyliner. I thought you knew the dagger's rules", Regina says.

" With it, I can summon the Dark One from any corner of the world", He says.

" Well, there's your answer. They're not in this world", Grant says.

*the enchanted forest

The two are surrounded by darkness, until finally, the vault opens. Both Emma and Scarlett rise from the vault, darkness black as night dripping off of them once they're up.

 Both Emma and Scarlett rise from the vault, darkness black as night dripping off of them once they're up

" What... did you do, Swan?", Scarlett asks as she pulls back her hood, venom lacing her voice.

" I saved your mother's life", Emma responds.

But then, they hear a man whistling.

" Who's there?", Emma asks, and when they turn around, they see the previous Dark One--