Chapter 12

The darkness that once flowed through Scarlett's veins is still there. And she knows it. She feels it in her womb. In the heart of one of her children.

She feels it in her own heart. The pain and suffering of her own husband. And it scares her. Knowing she can't rip the heart out of the inflictor of his pain.

" Sis, we already covered this trail. It was cold", Henry says in an attempt to get his sister to take a beat.

" Then we cover it again and we keep going until we find a trail that's hot. Just like when mom would hide the bag of Halloween candy every year", Scarlett says.

" It was always in the attic".

" I knew it wasn't the rats", Regina adds, " There's no sign of Hook in the North Woods".

" Well, we have to keep going. Maybe out by the Troll Bridge", Scarlett says.

" Wait... there may be a way to make our search quicker", The mother says, " In Storybrooke, I have schematics-- maps-- of the whole town. Every last inch of it".

" So you think the equivalent maps of this town are here?", Emma asks.

" Everything else in Bizarro Storbrooke has an analog so far", Regina says.

" I'm on it. You keep working here. I'll go get your intel", Robin says.

" Take Henry with you", Scarlett says.

" It might be dangerous", He says.

" My mother's gone now. The office should be empty. And no one knows it better than Henry. He'll be fine. You'll be there to protect him", Regina says.

The two share a kiss, and then Robin takes off with Henry.

" Scarlett! I found something".

The mother-daughter duo run towards the sound of the crying Swan, only to see blood splattered on a leaf.

" I-Is it...", Scarlett starts.

" There's a trail of it. It's not dry yet. It's fresh", Emma says.

" Killian!".

Scarlett continues to shout his name, following the trail of blood. But her husband is not what she finds. She finds a scared girl.

" Not Killian, but I know him", The girl says.

" Who are you? Where's Killian?", Scarlett asks as she helps her up.

Just then, the roar of the three-headed beast fills their ears.

" We have to get out of here".

" What the hell is that?", Regina asks.

" It's coming. Hide me. We have to go-- now!", The girl shouts.

Emma then uses her powers to transport them to the apartment.

" Your parents' apartment? Really?", Regina asks.

" It's the first place I thought of", Emma says as she takes the covers off the bed, " Here, lie down".

" What if whoever-- or whatever-- lives here, you know, comes home?", Regina asks.

" I don't think we have to worry about that", Emma says.

She holds a picture of both Snow and David.

" So this place is just waiting for your parents to die so they can move in?", Regina asks.

" Creepy, but that seems to be the case", Emma says.