Chapter 4

3rd Person's POV

camelot

As Emma sharpens a stick to a point for her dreamcatchers, Scarlett twirls a blade with her hand, still yet to find a hobby. Scarlett's ears perk up as she hears whispering.

" Do you hear it? A sweet sound? A strange sound. Let's go have a look, shall we?", Rumple says, causing Scarlett to put down her blade and follow the sound.

She wonders down the hall to open up a cupboard where her dagger lays.

" So that's where it's coming from-- your dagger. Since Regina left it in her room, I say, uh, finders keepers".

" Emma's the Dark One as well, why can't she hear this?", Scarlett asks.

" Because she doesn't have the same attachment to the darkness as you do. Or rather, she doesn't have a prophecy to fulfill".

"Prophecy? What prophecy?".

" The answer lays within your womb, my dear. Your dagger is calling to its other half. Its calling to the product of great darkness to do what has to be done".

" Get out of my head!", She whimpers.

" Calm down, love. There's no one here. It's just us. You and me", Killian says as he walks into the room, then embraces his wife.

" He's inside my head. I can't get him out. He's here. He's always here", Scarlett whispers, her eyes locked on the imaginary figure of the previous Dark One.

----

" What happened to her?", Regina asks as Scarlett lays down in front of them

" I have no idea. She hasn't said a word", Killian says.

" Maybe I could help", Emma suggests.

" Emma... that's not the best call. She could hurt you", David says.

" Excuse me?", Regina asks.

" Dad, we're connected. She won't hurt me", Emma says as Mary rushes over to him and the two start whispering.

" He's right. We don't know what she's capable of in this state", Grant says.

" I'll be fine", Emma says, then slowly makes her way to Scarlett.

She puts her hand over her head, seeping into her brain. As soon as she sees the things inside of Scarlett's head, she gasps and pulls away.

" What happened? Are you okay?!", Grant asks.

" I'm fine... but she's not. I-I don't understand. We're both the Dark One, why is she going through this?", Emma says.

" She needs rest-- somewhere quiet and away from prying eyes", Regina says.

" I know the perfect place", Henry says.

" Perhaps me and the boy should take her there. Come on, Scar, let's sail away", Killian says as he helps his wife up and out the door.