Chapter 7

3rd Person's POV

camelot

And so, as Emma frantically works on her dreamcatchers, Scarlett works on sharpening her blades-- making them being her new hobby.

" So you can really do it-- take the Dark One dagger and put it together with Arthur's sword to re-create the original Excalibur?", David asks from insider Granny's.

" I hope so", Merlin says.

" And we can use it to save Emma?", Snow asks.

" And Scarlett", Regina adds.

" Perhaps, but I need two things. The magical means to unite the two blades. That's my and the girls quest. From you, I need--".

" The two blades".

" We're pretty much at the open-warefare stage. Now, getting the partial sword from Arthur won't be easy", Robin says.

" As long as you're looking at the future, any hints on how? We need to know as much as we can to save Emma", Grant says.

" And Scarlett", Regina quips.

" Well, the future isn't exact. There are many parts--".

" Of course there are. You're willing to send us behind enemy lines, but when it comes to specifics, everything's a little fuzzy, isn't it?!", Killian exclaims.

" Hook, Merlin's helping Emma", David says.

" And SCARLETT! Is he?! She's sitting out there, making dozens of blades and sharpening them with rocks, because that's what she does now instead of sleeping while Emma is making things to pull memories from people's heads. I'm not quite seeing the helping!", Killian yells.

" I understand. I know what it is to lose someone you love to the Dark One. All I can ask of all of you is that you bring me that sword... and that you have patience with those two. Their kind of power, for good or evil-- it is a weight on the soul. And love is great help, if you can find it. Scarlett and Emma are two very different women... but right now, they are in the same boat".

----

As Merlin walks up to the two girls, he calls their names. Only on the second time do there hear him.

" There is a way to make Excalibur whole again. Will you come with me today so we can get what we need? It's not far".

" I-I", Emma stutters.

" I'll go. You stay here with Grant", Scarlett says.

" Are you sure, with the babies--".

" Emma... go. The two of you might not have a moment alone in a long time. I'm trying to be nice... so don't get used to it".

Emma hugs Scarlett, before running into the diner.

" What is it?", Scarlett asks.

" A spark from mankind's original fire, the flame of Prometheus. Its heat forged Excalibur, and that's what we'll need to put it back together. So will you come with me to collect the spark? We'll be back by nightfall".

" You look dire".

" When we get there we will need to deal with the first Dark One".

" The one who wore the mask? The one who killed the woman you love?".

" The very same. This is not a trivial task".

" I was seeing my father. Like, a voice in my head. I just got rid of him. And now you want me to let another one in?".