Stepping Out of the Shadows

Stepping Out of the Shadows: A world of possibilities

After leaving the soiled and sobbing Pansy Parkinson on the steps of Parkinson manor with a letter telling her parents she has been disgraced from the Death Eaters, the three girls took Daphne back to their Godmothers home so she could meet the women who had shaped the triplets into what they were today.

"Are you sure Lady Snape won't mind me coming?" Daphne said nervously, she realised that while the triplets were quite taken with her now she was still just their student. She had years of training ahead of her to make it to their level but as long as they were willing to teach her and mentor her she was willing to learn.

"Oh Daphne, you 'ave nothing to worry about! Auntie Bella will love to see another woman stepping into 'er true darkness. If only those boys would do the same." Viper said, reassuringly wrapping her arm through hers.

"Oh, just give them time Vi. I'm sure zey will come around in time." Boa said, smiling at her sister, as she opened the large black door that lead to the foyer of Prince Manor. "Auntie Bella?"

Bellatrix Black walked gracefully from the dining room, smiling peacefully at her Godchildren. "Hello girls, all sorted are we?"

The three smiled at their Godmother, confirming her statement. "Yes. Pansy Parkinson, will not be seen for some time. It seems she 'as 'ad a most unfortunate accident." Cobra simpered.

"Oh dear," Bellatrix gave a faux concerned look. "We must send her a get better soon basket." she laughed as she chucked the chins of the three girls. Finally, her eyes fell on Daphne and she instantly became less relaxed.

"Ah, Miss Greengrass. Forgive me, I did not see you there. To what do I owe the pleasure."

Daphne dropped into a graceful curtsy. "The pleasure is all mine Lady Snape."

"Oh Bella, you are going to love Daphne. She volunteered herself, in front of our Lord, our Lady, and their Heir to help us with Pansy. It seems she has decided to be more than just a Death Eaters trophy."

Bellatrix cocked her head to the side, a lazy grin stretching across her beautiful face. "Is that so? Well we could always do with more women in the ranks. Come, Come, Plinky was just making us tea. My boys are joining us I hope you don't mind."

The triplets shook their heads, excitedly leading Daphne towards what she assumed was the dining room.

Daphne was shocked at how normal the scene she walked in on was. Sitting at the large dining room table was Severus Snape, Casper and Pollux, Andromeda, Narcissa, Regulas, Sirius, and Walburga.

"Oh," Daphne said softly as the triplets seated themselves next to their God Father. "I didn't know this was a family dinner. I would hate to intrude." She said politely.

"Nonsense," Walburga said, her tone telling Daphne she was not to be argued with. "Any friends of the girls is welcome at our table isn't that right?"

Bellatrix smiled welcomingly. "Of course Ms Greengrass, as long as the girls want you here you are welcome."

"Daphne, please."

"Well," Severus said, looking towards Boa who seemed as amused as he was about the obviously nervous teen. "Please sit down Ms Greengrass before the food gets cold."

Daphne quickly took a seat in between Cobra and Regulas who both gave her small smiles.

"So," Bellatrix started after making sure Caster, Pollux, and the triplets had enough food on their plates. "Tell me, what kind of fruit should I have sent to the Parkinson's." She turned to her sisters here. "Poor dear Pansy has come down with something terrible, looks like we won't be seeing or hearing from her for a while."