Stepping Out of the Shadows

Stepping Out of the Shadows: Fathers and Their Sons.

Once their parents had left their room the two boys looked to each other, almost at a loss. "What do we do now?" George sighed, or Pollux, he thought. That was his name after all, they were not George and Fred Weasley any longer. They were now Pollux and Castor Snape, born to the Ancient and Noble house of Black and the lesser Ancient and Noble house of Prince.

"How did we never see it?" Castor sighed to his twin. Pollux looked around the room and he had to wonder the same, for the first two and a half years they must have been spoilt rotten and the suddenly they were brought to the Weasleys. He couldn't quite believe that Dumbledore had left them there with nothing more than a glamour charm, a complex one but still only a glamour spell.

"The Weasley's never had that many children, it was so obvious! How could we not see it, all Weasley's before them have three or four children maximum and the Prewett's had three at most and yet they have seven? How did no body notice the inconsistencies, and surely Bill and Charlie would remember us arriving. Charlie would have been eight and Bill ten by the time we arrived nothing is adding up." Castor shouted in frustration pulling at his, now, Ebony locks. Pollux got up and embraced his brother.

Fred, or Castor, had always been the most sensitive of the two. Growing up he had found it hardest to fit in with the Weasley's, always so loud and abrasive, Castor had preferred to stay in their room away from them and just stay with his twin who he found comfort in. "It does explain our nightmare though." Pollux said looking toward his brother who nodded. The nightmare had Plagued them since before they could remember, it was always the same and woke them up constantly drenched is sweat and clawing at their throats trying to scream out.

It started as darkness, they were small children and then spell fire and they were rushed through a maze of halls. There were screams of 'not my boys! Please!' And heart-rending screams with malicious laughing to accompany them. There were hands gripping at them and long pointed wands pointed at them daring them to disobey them, and the children followed them screaming out 'mommy, mommy!' And then there was nothing but agonising tortured screams and threats against their mommy if they didn't comply. Then they woke up and they had no idea what it was, all they knew was that they had the potent sense of losing something and an ache in their heart.

"How about we look around the house?" Pollux asked suddenly, his brother's face lit up with glee and they quickly dashed out of their room to re-explore the house they should have grown up in.

-The Burrow, just after the attack-

"Shit!" Molly screamed angrily as she scrambled towards where the two twins had just disappeared not even noticing that she had fallen over the body of her now deceased son. All of the order were slowly gathering, what was left of them, together in front of the now ruined burrow.

Molly was muttering furiously to herself while Arthur looked distraught as he stood over Charlie's dead. Charlie was suppose to escape this, he was suppose to get away. Arthur looked down at his son, unable to look away. Ron, Harry, Percy and Bill started making their way towards him. "Don't come closer, you don't want to see this." Arthur warned, but Bill had lost so much already he couldn't lose Charlie too, he made his way over to where a shock of red hair was lying lifelessly on the cold ground and upon reaching his brothers body he turned around and gagged helplessly onto the floor.

The fate that Charlie was going to live with was worse than death, Bill thought as he looked down at his pale brother. Charlie looked like death, his skin was pale and his eyes were staring lifelessly up at the dark night sky, only they weren't Charlie's. The eyes staring back at him were pure red and blood shot, Bill's eyes travelled down towards his brothers neck and he shivered again. Bill himself had been lucky enough to escape the bite of a creature, he was scratched and would carry the hunger for raw meat but he would not have to transform into a werewolf. Poor Charlie wasn't as lucky, the two small holes in his neck proved that. Charlie would be a vampire, a sentence worse than death in the Wizarding world of Britain. On his body was note Percy, who bill just noticed had come up behind him with Ron and Harry, picked it up and read it aloud.