Stepping Out of the Shadows

Stepping Out of the Shadows: a Family Again

"It's them!" Bellatrix all but squealed, gleefully skipping forward towards the imprisoned boys. "Get them out of these cages I need to see my boys!" Fred and George, or Castor and Pollux, stared disbelievingly at the gathered witches and wizards in front of them.

"Viper! I'm getting impatient release my boys!" Viper looked towards her sisters before shrugging. "Yes Godmother." She toned, quickly waving her hand and watching as one by one all the locks on the prison cells fell away. She looked from the shocked faces of the twins to the equally shocked faces of the three teenage boys. "Vampire magic, zee wand only stunts eet if I use it much easier zo just use my hand." She shrugged and her sisters nodded in agreement, smiling.

Bellatrix and Severus ran forward, slowly they opened the doors of the cells and went into where their boys sat shackled on the floor. "The shackles too, if you please." Severus stayed staring at the vampire triplets in slight amusement.

"How are ve zo know they're not going zo run once zey are unchained? Zis is merely a precaution, oui?" Bellatrix looked affronted, and stared angrily at her God daughters. "They are my children, why on earth would they run away?" Andromeda stepped forward and put a comforting hand on her sisters shoulder.

"Because they haven't been your children for sixteen years now Bella." Andromeda muttered softly to her sister who looked sadly down at the boy who sat in from of her who was staring at her in both fear and keen interest. She slowly put her hand into her robes pocket and pulled out a worn and crinkled picture handing it to the boy.

"Here." She said, handing it to him. "This was taken on your second birthday." George, who was the boy with Bellatrix, moved to the edge of his cell, as the triplets made the shackles melt away, where Fred sat on the other side and slowly unfolded the picture to see a younger Bellatrix and Snape holding two small boys with gangly arms and legs and identical grinning faces. Their hair was dark and their eyes matched the colour of their fathers but their faces were so obviously inherited from their mother as well as the certain twinkle in their eyes.

Fred reached through the bars and slowly caressed the family picture. "They look like us." He muttered to George who nodded his agreement. "Can you undo it?" George asked staring up at Bellatrix.

Bellatrix looked surprised as she turned to her boys. "Undo what?" She asked quietly. "The glamours that are on us can you undo them?" Bellatrix cleared her throat inconspicuously wiping her eyes. "Cousin Sirius and Regulas were always better at undoing glamours they could try."

Severus helped Fred up as Bellatrix did the same for George and led them to where Sirius and Regulas were standing watching. "Can you undo the glamour?" Severus pleaded looking to Sirius, his once arch enemy, and Regulas, his best friend, and begging them both silently to help their boys. Sirius coughed quietly pulling out his wand as Regulas did the same. "We can certainly try. We can't promise anything though." Sirius warned before doing some diagnostic spells

He and Regulas wandered around the two boys muttering to themselves and then to each other. "Remarkable." Sirius commented as he ran his last diagnostic. "What is it?" Bellatrix demanded, anxiously gripping onto Severus. The two Black brothers looked between each other before turning to face their extended family. "It seems the order tried to weave the spell into their genetics but it didn't work because the two boys fought it, over the years as the boys forgot their old life the spell slowly started to weave into their genes."

Bellatrix looked put out. "Does that mean they can't be reversed?" Regulas spoke up quickly. "Not necessarily. Ordinary spells won't work but vampire magik might work." At this everyone in the room turned to the three half vampires in the room. "I can't keep up with all zis drama." Boa muttered to her sisters before turning towards where the two hopeful parents were looking at them.