26

Luggage trolleys were ravaging the floors of the airport. Hustle and bustle with every second that passes mattering. Maa fell asleep while reading one of Ben Carson's novels while we were at the Business class lounge awaiting the call of our flight. Khalid was busy on his phone while i just stared at him wondering what had changed. When we were coming to London, at the Abuja airport, I remember how he could not not be away from me. But now, he didn't even spare me a look.
Do i talk to someone about this? I thought but decided against it. I thought, it's too early and it might not be something that serious maybe I'll just give him some more time. I was sitting on the single sitter to the left of the room, backing the door, Maa who had fallen asleep was sitting opposite me on a 2 sitter and Khalid was on rhe three sitter in between ours. I got up and moved to his couch and sat next to him. I tucked mt right arm underneath his left arm as I rested my shoulder. He didn't even move.

'Need something?' He said huskily.

'M'mm just you,' i replied softly. I waited for him to say something or to atleast embrace me or something but nothing until i fell asleep and he woke me up when our flight was announced.

After about 20 minutes we were finally in the plane. We stopped over at Istanbul because we had issues with BA in which we were supposed to take a direct flight to Abuja but things got messed up. At around 5pm we left Istanbul International Airport and arrived Nigeria at some minutes past 11pm. We got through security, got our luggages and headed outside where the driver was already waiting for us. I was so jet lagged and all i wanted to do was sleep!

Maa came home with us as it was already very late. Mama had sent some snacks to our house for when we returned. Immediately we got in, Habu, the driver took our luggages in as we all relaxed in the living room downstairs. I got the snacks and fruit drink Mama had sent over and we had some. She didn't send over any heavy food because it'd be too late to eat any proper food. At around 1:30am we decided to call it a night.

_____

'Subhanallah! I missed Fajr,' i exclaimed immediately after i woke up and checked the time and it was 6:20am. Khalid was clearly also just waking up as he was stretching and rubbing his eyes. I quickly performed ablution after he did and prayed Fajr, he didn't wait for me to finish performing ablution so we'd pray together. I just laid my Musallah behind his and prayed mine as well. I decided to go check up on Maa. I went to her room and peaked and i saw she was on her Musallah making supplications. Just as i was about going back upstairs, the doorbell rang and i went to get the door. It was Salisu from my In- laws house.

'Sannu aunty, kun iso lafiya?(well done aunty, hope you arrived safely)' he asked smiling with a food basket in his hand.

'Lafiya Alhamdulillah, ka shigo(Good, thanks to Allah, Come in),' i gestured with my hand and he kept the food flask on the dining table.

'Hajiya said i should drop some breakfast for you. It's mass and taushe with some pap,' he said.

'Ohh Mama is the sweetest, thank you so much Salisu, please tell her we'd come later in the day,' i said to him and he turned to leave. I took the basket to the kitchen were i started to sort out the food. I reheated it and set out the dining table and arranged all the food flasks. I went back to Maa's room to greet her and inform her that food was ready. As I opened the door i met Khalid squatted and was greeting her. I squatted beside her to and greeted her.

'Hope you rested well Maa,' i said.

'I did my dear, should be getting ready to get back home later. I'd like to visit your house Khalid before i go home,' she said turning to Khalid.

'Sure, I'll be going there later too so we can all go together,' He confirmed.

'Allah ya maku albarka ya bar ku tare(May Allah bless you and keep you two together),' she prayed and we chorused a soft Ameen.