9

"Good morning dearest, how was your night?" Khalid asked as he watched Asiya stretch and squint her eyes.

"Alhmadulillah. You have the mst comfortable arms and muscles you know," she blushed.

"Oh really, i can always give you more you know," He laughed.

"Oh please!" Asiya fake-whined.

"You should get ready, i'll go make breakfast," She was about to get up from the king sized bed when he caught her wrist and pulled her back. She fell right on him and closed her eyes tightly.

"Queen, twenty four hours ago, you hated me but see what I've done to you now," he chucked.

"You're so cheeky wallahi, just let me go make breakfast please."

"You don't have to, mama sent masa (rice cake) for us. Just go take a bath now."

"Okay then King." She smiled.

She went into the bathroom, opened the cabinet abovethe sink and grabbed her Lavender body wash. She washed her hair and applied her curling cream enhancing the bounce of curls. Just when she opened the shower curtain amd was about to grab her robe, her eyes opened widely like a saucer when she saw Khalid standing buy the door looking quite mesmerised.

"Masha Allah," He mumbled as his eyes travelled. She quickly gerabbed her robe and tied it around her body before rushing out of the room.

"You don't have to be shy you're my wife afterall," He shrugged.

"Please just go and have your rice cake," she said feeling as embarrassed as ever. She looked at herself in the mirror and she couldn't understand the glow on her body.

She quickly dressed in a blue and pink ankara sewn in a flowy dress. She tied her headtie and went downstairs to eat.

"Oh you've bathed too."

"Yeah i used the bathroom in the next room. We have to go to Mummy's house,"

"Oh that'll be great. I can get to chat with Amirah too."

"Not my mum Asiya, Step Mum,"

"Oh you never told me you had a stepmum."

"She lived in England so she returned for my wedding and she's staying here now,"

"Oh ayyah. It'll be nice to meet her."

"I pray so. Ya musa is her first son and then she has a daughter, Safiya."

"Oh wow!"

"Let's get going now," He said, trying to change the topic.
They both walked out of the house and got into the car. Asiya wanted to know more about Mummy but Khalid didn't seem to like the topic so she just let that go. In about twenty minutes, they were in front of mummy's house. It was just behind Khalid's parents house too.

Khalid parked the car under a shade tree

"Do you think she'll like me?" Asiya aksed in a low tone while they were still in the car. He took her hands and kissed it to assure her before they got down.

They walked hand in hand into the house. The house was beautiful and moderate in size. Just then a woman who looked in her early forties came out of a hallway.

"Welcome Khalid,"

"Thank you. Ina wuni mummy," He greeted. Asiya squeezed Khalid's hands as a sign that she's nervous.

"I got you," He whispered. She moved closer to mummy to greet her.

"Ina wuni," she greeted squatting in front of her.

It took mummy quite a few seconds to answer as she was scanning Asiya.

"How're you?" She asked coldly.

"I'm fine Alhmadulillah."

"Sit, you two. Safiyaaaa!" She yelled out her daughter's name.

The girl came running down.

"What is it mummy?" She asked. On seeing Khalid she hugged him tightly.
Safiya is just 18. She got admission in Nile university of Nigeria. She wanted to go back to England to study because she is the type that shows off a lot. But baba being the lowkey type, disapproved.

On realising that Asiya was sitting on the sofa, she paused with her chit chat.

"Yaya you brought a new househelp for mama?" She asked. She didn't attend any of the events because she didn't feel like it. So that explains why he doesn't know the bride.

"Househelp?! Are you out of your mind?! This my WIFE for crying out loud!" Khalid spat.

"Calm down please, just sit please," Asiya consoled Khalid and tried to push back her tears.

"She calls you a Househelp and you expectme to be calm, really?Listen Safiya better learn some manners okay? And you" He pointed at Mummy. "Teach your daughter some manners! Come on Asiya. Let's go,"

"Khalid wait, son! Wait, please listen," Mommy yelled but they'd already left.

They both got into the car and Khalid sped off. He didn't drive towards home. Asiya wanted to ask why but decided against it as she could see the mood he was in.

They got to a lonely road and Khalid roughly parked the car.

"What's wrong with you?" She asked. "Just because she called mea househelp doesn't mean you should take it to heart," She continued.

"You do not know Safiya. She is very cunningand sly. She knew you are my wife but she decided to insult you. And that mummy of hers always pretends to be nice in front of baba whereas she is worse than her daughter!"

"Calm down please. Take this," She stretched out and kissed him on his lips. That changed his mood completely. He returned the kiss and they finally got home.

xxx

''Mummy yaya shouted at me in front of that low life girl. Now i hate her so much wallahi. Did i say anything wrong? She looked like a househelp to me honestly."

"It's okay dear. I also don't really like her. She's not up to our status. He could have found a better wife amongst your classy friends."

"Yes mummy. I think i'll report him to baba," Safiya said with certainty.

"No dear. You know your father, he'll blame you and probably won't allow you marry Salim and move back to England with him"

"Oh right,"

They chit chatted for a while before going shopping as usual. As if they didn't have enough.
Mummy is the kind of woman that lives to impress. She makes sure she sechres her future incase her husband dies just so her friends don't say she depended in him. She will go the extra mile to get whatever shei wants being the extravagant and sly woman she is. Fortunately her oldest son, Musa doesn't have any of her traits. People thought he was mama's son. He refused to follow them to England when they were moving. And Safiya, the spoilt brat and rude girl is a carbon copy of her mother with internal and external features.

xxx

"I'm so tired, mind giving me a massage?" Khalid asked as he sat on the couch next to Asiya who was watching Food network.

"I knew you'd be tired. You've stressed yourself too much today with Safiya's issue. Give ne a minute,"

She went to the kitchen and made him some hot lemon tea to aid is tiredness.

"Here," she said smiling and began massaging his head and shoulders.

So guys, this isn't the most eventful chapter but here you go. You've met mummy and Safiya now.

The real fun begins now!

Please don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Asmaa💕