21

I woke up a little bit late for fajr and Asiya was already done with her azkhar...she didn't wake me up so i guessed she was still upset. I decided not to say a word at the moment and just headed to the bathroom to perform ablution and say my prayers. By the time i was out, she'd already gone back to bed to catch a quick nap.

7:30am

I tried waking her up as we had to go see her mum who was back home from the hospital now. She got up and went straight to the kitchen, ignoring me completely. I decided to take a shower before heading down for breakfast.
After i was done getting ready, Asiya came back in and headed for the bathroom...i was guessing she was done with breakfast. I wanted to give her space until she was ready to talk.

I had my breakfast alone for the first time and just as i was rounding up she came down, ready to go.

"Uhm let's go," i said but she replied by just stepping out of the house.

Asiya
"Assalamu alaikum" I greeted on entering the house and Samira, Maa's new househelp was sweeping the floors. She greeted back and told us Maa was in her room just as I'd expected.

"Maaaaaa!" I ran to my sick mother and hugged her. I couldn't help but shed a few tears. "Why didn't you tell me this is what you've been going through? You hid such an important issue from me," I complained.

"Asiya I didn't want to bother you too much,"

"I am your daughter that's why you should always bother me,"

"I'm sorry," Maa said and caressed my arm. "Khalid why are you standing by the door come in," She said weakly.

"Good morning Maa, how are you feeling?"

"Much better son, Alhamdulillah!"

"That's good. Uhm Sadiq mentioned you need to be taken abroad for treatment and I and Asiya will be going to London in just over a weeks time so we decided we'd take you with,"

"Won't that be too much of a burden on you? Don't worry Sadiq will arrange for it," Maa protested.

"No Maa, you're coming with, that's final...where's your passport?"

"Oh Asiya," Maa said defeated. "It's in the top drawer of the dresser," I quickly brought it out.

I stayed with Maa for the whole day and Angry Khalid had to go do some work after which he picked me up after Isha.

As we were driving silently back home because i was still upset with him, I don't know what came over me and i just lost control and broke into silent sobs, I remembered the conversation i had with Maa earlier.
On hearing my sobs, Khalid pulled over and turned to me.

"What's wrong? Are you okay? If you're still angry look I'm sorry, I've been apologizing to you, just-" He said. But honestly I wasn't really upset with him anymore.

"It's not about you, let's go," I said and he simply obeyed without protesting.

Immediately we reached home, I ran upstairs to our room and changed into my night gown and sat on the bed deep in thoughts. I didn't even realize Khalid had also come in, changed and was sitting next to me until he put his hands in my laps trying to bring me out of my trance.

I jerked up as I didn't know he was there, I burst into fresh tears and hugged him so tightly.

Khalid

I got into the room, changed my clothes and Asiya didn't even notice, she was deep in her thoughts. I wondered what was wrong, i tried asking her on our way but she refused to tell me.

She's probably still upset. I thought.

I sat next to her on the bed and placed my hand on her lap to pull her out of her deep thought. She immediately gave me a bone crushing hug and burst into fresh tears. Then i thought, She isn't upset with me anymore, this is about something else, something is disturbing her.

I hugged her back and caressed her back in a back and forth motion.

"Shh, Come on my queen, what's wrong? Stop crying, please, I cannot bear to see you cry like this...come on bebe," I consoled her. By now she was slowly calming down as i kept on pacifying her. I made her get up from my chest and i wiped her tears.

"Babe, I'm s-scared...I...," she paused and sniffed, shutting her eyes tightly.

"Tell me, what are you scared of huh? What is it?" I insisted.

"I already lost baba, I cannot imagine m-my life w-without mm-mama," she cried out.

"I totally understand, i know what she means to you. I know how dear she is to you...you literally only had her over these years. But please stop crying, that's not the solution," I hugged her again.

"We'll keep praying for Maa's health okay? And InshaAllah by the time we get to London and she begins with her treatment, she'll be well soon, her infection will be gone. Please have faith in Allah and don't be scared, I'll be here to support you at all times my queen," I said to her as she buried herself in me and i held her tightly.

"There's more to her sickness that she isn't telling me Khalid, i know it...from the way she was speaking to me today, It's more than a stomach infection," She lamented.

"What do you think it is?" I asked with a creased forehead.

"I don't know...she said she wants me to instill the values she gave me in my children so that when i look at them I remember her, Khalid she sounded like she won't be around for much longer," She explained. "And she also said that...her only ever dream was to see my children before she kicks the bucket,"

"Subhanallah. Like i said, don't worry too much about it, we'll keep praying and Allah will heal her. But i have a question," I said.

"Mhm?"

"Are you ready to try again?" I asked.

"Honestly, if it'll make Maa happy, i will. What do you think?"

"It's up to you, like i told you before, whenever you feel the time is right, whenever you feel your body can take it, it's fine with me," i said to her as i caressed her hair.

"Thank you, babe. I don't know how I'd have pulled myself together during these times, Know that I love you and i always will,"

"That's why I'm here for you. I love you too My queen. But I'm not completely happy," i said.

"Why?"

"I want to see your smile before i go to bed!" I said to her.

She laughed and wallah she looked a million times better.
We discussed about our trip and made plans for the next day. Both our visas were ready we only had to process Maa's and I have a friend at the embassy so i knew it wouldn't take too long.

Another chapter down...hope you emjoyed it guys. I'd appreciate it ifnyou voted, commented and shared the story with your loved ones.

Khalid really loves Asiya doesn't he. And yooo Asiya is the most emotional person I've met in my life😂 She soo sweet and innocent! Sometimes it's even her flaw you know!

Anyways till we meet in London !!

Asmaa Out💗