20

The chirping birds on the balcony of Asiya and Khalid's bedroom woke them up.
Khalid gently caressed Asiya's hair as she rested on the headboard.

"Are you feeling much better?" He asked lovingly.
"Mm," she mumbled and simply nodded obviously not wanting to say too much.

"Listen Asiya...Maa will be absolutely fine, we'll go and see her today In Sha Allah. And I'm sure by the time she sees doctors in the UK she'll recover very fast," Khalid tried to reason with her.

Asiya held her hands in khalid's and stared at him.
"My love, I'm not worried about that...her getting the best treatment because i know that In Sha Allah she will. Maa is hypertensive and i know she still hadn't swallowed in the fact that we lost a baby. It's still disturbing her, Khalid I'm really scared of losing her, what if—" He cut me off.

"Don't ever say that! Just have faith, all will be well. As for the baby even mama was down she just didn't show it...They've sacrificed a lot for us and been strong for us in our difficult times. You can take as much time as you need for another baby, I won't rush you" He said and i buried my head in his chest.

After some minutes of silence and cuddling, we got up to say fajr prayers together after which we recited the Qur'an and went back to sleep.

Since it was the weekend, i told Khalid i didn't want to cook today so he ordered breakfast for both of us.

Khalid

After Dhuhr, Baba summoned us to his house, i knew it had something to do with Safiya and Faisal. I quickly got ready and Asiya came along.

"What do you think this is about?" I asked her.
"Safiya? Remember last time they said in five days time she and Faisal will be married," Asiya said.

"Oh yeah, that's true," I nodded.

We chatted throughout the ride to my parents.

"Have you told them about London?" Asiya asked as i pulled over in the compound.
"Not yet, after all these today, i will,"

"Okay,"

We slowly walked into the house and we saw the entire family gathered including Faisal's. Safiya looked sick and tired...I really pitied her but i guess this is Allah's way of bringing her back unto the right path. We greeted everyone and moved to sit on the only empty sits.

"As you all know what happened few days ago, we decided to get both of them married in order to protect our dignity and theirs too. The Imam will be here soon so ladies please excuse us," Baba said calmly.
Safiya was crying now as Aisha walked her to the stairs.

Asiya

I went to Mama's room to catch up with her as the men were downstairs completing the formalities.
I'd tell you that only few people get along with their mothers-in law. Mine is the most caring and understanding...she has a big heart and appreciates everything and everyone.

"How've you been my dear?" She asked.

"Alhamdulillah mama...and you? I hope you've stopped skipping breakfast!" I pointed at her with a stern face.

"Yes yes don't worry about me," she chuckled.

"You know mama, Maa has been very sick Walahi...she has a stonach infection, on top of that she's hypertensive and her blood pressure can rise anytime," Asiya lamented.