24

It was 10am and Khalid had just left for work. I decided to make Maa some breakfast before I went to take a shower. In no time i got ready for the day. Maa was watching a documentary of the ancient days of Saudi Arabia as i tidied up. There was still little to tidy up in our store room and our closet. So i did all that before Khalid came back, he'd said he'll be back by 12pm and the appointment was by 1:30pm.

'Asiya, come and show me how i can edit this picture,' Maa called out as i came to the living room to rest after I'd finished my work. I showed her how to do it and went to order some food for us as i was to tired to make anything and Khalid would be home very soon to tale Maa to her first doctor's appointment.
In the meantime, i massaged her head with some avocado oil which gave her a lit of relief. While i was doing that we kept reminiscing on some moments, when i was little, how I'd not sleep until i saw Baba come back, and a whole lot of things. We laughed so hard and it felt like a long time since i had such am intimate moment with my beloved Maa.

'I wish I wasn't married then I'd be with you the whole time Maa,' I said smiling as i rubbed the oil on her head gently and lovingly.

'You're always going to be my crazy little girl,' And she laughed. 'How cam you not get married because of me it's not like you're leaving the planet...' She added.

'I'm honestly starting to believe this daughter of yours doesn't love me anymore Maa' Khalid interrupted after apparently overhearing our conversation. I didn't even realize when he walked in.

'Innalillahi *laughs* i was just joking bc i missed being with Maa all day but now i have her for the next couple of months' I said cheerfully. 'Oh and you were meant to be here by 12—'

'I knowww there were just some technical issues so it took a bit longer, if you're ready we can leave now' he said.

I quickly went into Maa's room and got her scarf and bag. I had already brought my stuff from upstairs. Just as we were about to leave, the food I ordered came in so we just put it in the fridge to heat up when we came back.
The drive to St Reed's Hospital was about 20 minutes we were a few minutes late but it was fine because we arrived almost the same time as the Consultant doctor.
He ushered us to his office and offered is some refreshments as well. Maa told him about everything all the tests she underwent back in Nigeria, gave him the results and so on. He examined every single thing and suggested they'd run their own tests to be 100% sure. He took a look at the drugs she was currently taking and prepared to run some tests.
At this point, i was grasping Khalid's hands because I was anxious. I tried to keep my cool just so Maa wouldn't get worried unnecessarily.
'It'll all be fine love' he said calmly.

About 10 minutes later he requested Maa to go with him to run the same tests she took in Nigeria and some other ones. They decided they'd do an MRI scan as well.
Khalid went to get some water for me as I was really thirsty and just as we were waiting he received the confirmation email of his training course.

'Ouu congrats my king, so proud of the places you're going,' I said and gave him a side hug.
'Thank you my queen, it's all you being with me,' he replied.

After some time, Maa and the doctor returned to the lounge, and he informed us that all the tests had been run successfully. By 9am the following day, her results will be sent to both I and Khalid's emails including the date for her next appointment and if there's any new medication she needs to take or if she needs to stop the one she's on now they'll inform us in the email.

We left the hospital at around 3pm. Mama wanted to walk around a little and enjoy a bit of nature before going home so we did that and after a while we got home.

_______

Back in Nigeria, things were going well, Amira was doing just fine in her matrimonial home, Adda Rahma was expecting as well and I promised her we'd be back just in time for the naming ceremony. Ya Sadiq was having a hard time with girls but he told me he found one and he really thinks he likes her. I prayed for the best for him because I really wanted to see my brother settle down as well.
Safiya, surprisingly called me once in a while to say hello and i was so glad that she'd changed her ways. Unfortunately for her, her matrimonial home wasn't really the best one out there but I always comforted her. Regardless of Faisal working he was still a bit young to understand the meaning of marriage and she about to Mother a child was still nee to her, i asked her to keep praying and everything would be fine. It took a lot of work for me to convince Khalid to let bygones be bygones as I explained to him she was just naïve and everything would be a thing of the past.

___________

'Baban Khalid, i miss my children wallahi. Let me give them a call,' Mama said after lunch. She tried calling Khalid but he didn't pick, Asiya also, to no avail.

'They're not answering i wonder if they're okay,' she said.

'Kai haba! They're probably busy, Khalid must be busy at his workplace and remember Asiya enrolled in an Interior design school for a short course. Why not call Hajiya Hauwa,' he suggested.

'You're right. Let me give her a call,' Mama immediately dialed her number and Maa picked.

Mama was so happy to hear that Hajiya Hauwa was recovering so well it was even evident in her voice and her face because they did a video call. Just on cue, Asiya had come back home and joined the call.

'Mamaaaaaa! You look so fresh! Baba has really been taking care of you,' Asiya teased.

'Keh! Don't start. I must say you've both taken good care of your mum within just three months, I'm really glad she's getting much better,' Mama joyfully spoke.

'Yes Mama Alhamdulillah for everything. In fact she'll probably have her last appointment in about 2-3 weeks time because most likely the whole infection would be gone.'

'That's good to hear honestly,' Mama replied. They talked for about an hour until it was asr time and they said their goodbyes.

________

Khalid had just returned after a very long day at work and he was so exhausted. Asiya fell asleep immediately after that phone call with Mama. He entered the room and woke her up as it was Maghrib.

'What time is it? Shit I didn't cook anything,' she hissed as she rubbed her eyes to wipe the sleep away.

'Relax, mama made some food i'm sure you had a long day,'

They freshened up and went downstairs to eat, watched a movie together until they all fell into a slumber.

The following day was Saturday so they decided to go visit Khalid's cousin, Nafisah who was doing her masters in Global Business at Coventry University. It was about and hour and fifteen minutes journey by train and immediately we arrived we went straight to her apartment and gave her a surprise as she wasn't aware of our coming. She met Maa and I for the first time and immediately we clicked.
'Ya Khalid why didn't you inform me you were coming I'd have prepared something nice for you,' she said as she was trying to get refreshments for you.

'Sorry i just wanted to surprise my baby cousin,' he chuckled.
We talked about a lot of things, School, health, plans for the future and a whole lot of things. When we were about to leave, i and Maa were admiring the environment as Nafisah and Khalid were talking outside her apartment so Maa and. I continued looking around not to invade in their private discussion.
After about five minutes, we hugged her and left as it was getting a bit late.

After we got home, we ate, prayed and just went in. I got my period at around 11pm which was such an odd time. I was in so much pain I couldn't sleep at all and I didn't want to disturb Khalid as he was already asleep. I knew I'd wake him up with my winces so i went to the other room. The pain was getting so intense I couldn't bare it anymore. I had never gotten pranks like that. I felt nauseous and so many things all at once. At this point i think i was almost screaming. Khalid probably realized I wasn't in bed and found me in the other room.

By the time he came in i was sitting by the bed clutching my lower abdomen and pelvis so tightly and almost in tears.

'Subhanallah!! Asiya!? What is it?' He rushed to me and tried to help me up.

At this point, the tears started falling as they were so unbearable.

'Cramps ne,' i said and choked on my saliva. He quickly ran to get a medication i take which I totally forgot i had. He gave me two tablets and kept caressing and massaging my lower back. He took me to the shower where he kept running warm water on my back after which i felt some relief. We slept off around 3am in that room.

In the morning, he told me he was taking me to the hospital because he had never seen me have such bad cramps before. I told him it was normal to have intense cramps once in a while but he wasn't having it, he insisted we go to the hospital.

It's been 1 year and about 4months since i last updated this book. Honestly I've been on a Wattpad hiatus for the longest time now doing a whole lit of other things. I shouldn't even be explaining instead i should apologize for keeping you guys wait so long. Those that have held on, thank you so much fir the support I really appreciate it and you're definitely like family.