10

Six months after Khalid and Asiya's wedding. Life had become good for almost everyone. Asiya started her own small business of reselling The Body Shop skincare products. Khalid continued in his father's office and was later promoted to Managing Director while Ya Musa was the CEO.

Maa, Asiya's mother was ill for a few weeks due to malaria but recovered in no time.
Safiya had dated three boys behind Salim's back. He found out on the third one. Baba then decided he would marry her off once she's done with year 100 level at Nile university.

xxx

Khalid had just come back from work, tired as usual. He removed his blazer and Asiya took it immediately with his office bag.

"Welcome king," she smiled.

"How have you been my queen?" He asked as he walked over to sit on the couch.

"Good Alhamdulillah. Go freshen up and I'll get your dinner ready okay?"

"Anything my personal queen says," he shrugged.

She let out a soft laughter and went to their room to keep his things.

She went to the kitchen and heated the Chinese rice she made with chicken tender and liver sauce alongside Khalid's favourite hibiscus drink (zobo).

Few minutes later, as she was setting the table, Khalid sauntered to the dining table ready to eat.

"Mama just called me," he informed as he began eating.

"Oh ayyah. Everything fine?" Asiya asked as she poured herself some hibiscus drink.

"Hmm...mummy's house caught fire wai,"

"Innalillahi wa'inna ilaihi raji'un, i hope they're fine. I think we should go see them." Asiya suggested.

"No. I won't go anywhere neither will i allow you to go. She has been insulting you ever since we got married. Even on your birthday party last week she didn't spare you. I can't stand seeing you being insulted by her or that daughter of hers."

"But Khalid whether you like it or not, she is still your father's wife and you and Safiya share the same father. Please let's go. Atleast for the relationship we share with Ya musa. After all she'll insult me more if we don't greet her. Please?" She made a puppy face.

"Fine. Let's finish eating first,"

"Where are they now?"

"Baba's house."

"Oh"

Twenty minutes later, they left home and went to Khalid's parents house to greet Mummy.
Khalid obviously didn't want to go but Asiya being very nice and good hearted, managed to convince him otherwise.

"Come on, let's go," He said on parking his car in front of the mansion.

They both walked in side by side and headed straight to the living room upstairs.

"Assalamu alaikum. Mama good evening," Khalid greeted his mom ignoring Mummy.

Asiya did the same and greeted mama before heading to where mummy was sitted.

"Sannu Mummy. Hope you're both fine? How did it happen?"

"As you can see we're well and breathing. How it happened isn't your business. Khalid my son how are--"

"If you can't talk to my wife properly then don't talk to me at all!" Khalid interrupted annoyingly pointing a finger at her.

"Khalid," Asiya called out in a low tone trying to calm him down.