13

It's been three days since Asiya and Khalid got discharged from the hospital. Khalid was getting better really really fast and so was Asiya. Everyone was taking really good care of them. Amirah most especially looked after Asiya so well. Her parents hopped in once in a while to check on them and be by their side during their tough times.

xxx

Today was the day Asiya was to go get a checkup done and Khalid was taking her. Amirah had just finished helping her in taking her bath and she left to allow her dress up.
Asiya quickly wore a free gown, soemthing that wouldn't disturb her stitches too much. She was already getting so much better but just wanted to be careful.

Khalid who was waiting for her went to the room to check up on her.

"You done yet?" He asked.

"Yeah, let's go,"

Khalid led the way and they both went downstairs.
Asiya was puzzled to see everyone sitted in the living room as it was quite unusual.

"Oh the unlucky woman is here, shegiya," Mummy spat.

"Mummy wallahi i'm going to insult you soon, you better stop okay! Just because she lost her baby doesn't make her unlucky." Khalid retaliated.

"Please just let it go," Asiya pleaded with Khalid.

"No! You always ask me to let it be but i can't stand anyone insulting you this way," Khalid responded.

"Uhm Khalid," His father called and he moved to where his father was standing.

"Yes baba?"

"I just wanted to say, maybe you and Asiya should try again. You--"

"Haba baba, it's been barely a week. Let her rest and get over this phase first. I agree with you but i think we shoul consult the gynae first,"

"Consult the best gynae in this world, she will never be able to be a mother and let me tell you, yo people have invited trouble for yourselves!"

"Hajiya Fati!!! No another word from you, stop questioning my daughter in law's character because even your own daughter has nothing to be said about her. Get out of this place now!"

"Asiya, once we come back from the hospital we're leaving," Khalid said angrily and he grabbed her hand and walked out with her.

The ride to the hospital was too suffocating for Asiya. She was too upset to talk and khalid was to angry to talk. They got there in a few minutes and headed straight to the doctor's office.

"Good afternoon Dr. Tope," Khalid greeted.

"Good afternoon sir," Asiya greeted to.

"Afternoon you too, how are you feeling Mrs. Bande?"

"Much better, the pain has subsided thanks to the pain killers,"

"Yes, was meant to do that. Lemme quickly do a checkup on you, over here," he got up and motioned to the bed in his office.

He did some usual check ups before declaring that all was fine now.

"Everything is fine, just rest," He said.

"Thank you doctor. Uhm i wanted to ask you something please?"

"Yes sure, go on,"

"Uhm. Seeing that my wife lost her baby just about one week now and the chances of her conceiving again is quite slim, when next do you think we should try again?"

"Well, in such cases, the family usually pressurises the couple, i don't know if that's the case here. But it totally depends on when both partners are ready. But you also have to keep in mind that giving like a 3month gap is necessary. Infact that's the least, if possible more because in her own case, a part of her womb got damaged but we corrected that successfully. So she needs time. Don't be in a rush, God is able,"