Does She Hate Me?

School is exhausting.... Why does the teacher always gives so many works. Thank god it's already time to go home. Nothing really interesting happened today at school. One thing though.. Why do I feel like Ayane is avoiding me recently?.. Is it because of that day at the karaoke place? Oh there she is. Maybe I can try to talk to her.

Nick: Yo Ayane

Ayane: Oh hi Nick-kun! S-Sorry.. I got to return some books to the library.. see you later!

Nick: See you...

Yesterday

Okay I've gathered enough courage. It's time to ask Ayane to eat lunch together. Here goes nothing.

Nick: Ayane.. w-want to eat lunch together?

Ayane: Aw sorry Nick-kun.. I-I've got to do some stuff for a bit. Maybe another time?

Nick: O-Okay.. sure..

Present

This has happened for a few days now. It can't be true that she's busy all the time. What is happening? Does she hate me?

Ayane's POV

I'm very sorry Nick-kun... I have to do this...

Flashback

I was just reading some books in class until someone gave me a piece of paper. I don't know the person but there appears to be a message inside.

"Go to the roof during lunch, it's about Nick Takahashi"

Is there something wrong with Nick-kun?! He appears to be fine right now sitting beside me just doing his work. I should check it out. Lunch time arrives, I went to the roof and I was greeted by Nakajima-san? What does she want with me?

Nakajima: Ah Horikita-san

Ayane: What's all this about?

Nakajima: I'm asking you nicely, stay away from Takahashi-kun please

Ayane: W-Wait why?

Nakajima: No reason just stay away from him

Ayane: What if I don't?

Nakajima: If you don't, I'll enter Takahashi-kun's name in the upcoming singing competition. Oh I know how much he hates crowds and being near people.

Ayane: Y-You wouldn't do that....

Nakajima: You want to test me? You don't know what I'm capable of.

Ayane: B-But.. I like Nick-kun.. and I love being around him.

Nakajima: Well too bad. He's mine and I want you to stay away from him.

She then left. I don't know that to do.. I'm still kind of new to this school so I don't know much about people here.. If she is telling the truth, I can't risk Nick-kun getting humiliated.. I'm sorry Nick-kun but I'm doing this for you...

 I'm sorry Nick-kun but I'm doing this for you

Flashback ends

I don't know if I can keep this up.. But I also can't risk it. I care so much about him. I don't know what to do...

Suddenly, someone tap my shoulder.

Sakuta: Uh are you okay, Ayane? You seem to be down.

Ayane: O-Oh! It's nothing Sakuta-kun..

Sakuta: Did something happened? Is it about Nick? You can talk to me you know.

Ayane: Well.. technically yes..

I started explaining everything to Sakuta

Sakuta: What the heck that's just plain terrible. I knew she was bad news. Poor Nick.. he doesn't even know about it. We have to do something about this. Have you tried telling Nick?

Ayane: I'm afraid to do that.. I don't want to risk it..

Sakuta: Don't worry.. I have a plan. It's quite simple actually.