fifty one

June 30th, 1979

Jack and I got to the Lovegood's a bit before the rest of our friends. They were having the wedding in the gardens of the Lovegood manor, Xenophilius's parents house. It was a beautiful day for a wedding, not a cloud in the sky.

Xenophilus's cousins welcomed us and told us to take seats anywhere for the ceremony. We chose seats about halfway back, the whole row was empty for our friends.

"Okay, who do you think is getting married first out of our friends?" Jack asked once we were seated.

I shrugged, "Maggie, then Samuel."

"And after them?"

"I don't know," I thought. "Probably Thomas."

I crossed my legs, smoothing out the skirt of my dress. I was wearing a lavender dress made out of a silky material, and white heels.

"I haven't been to a wedding in forever," Jack said.

"I forgot that you weren't at James and Lily's wedding," I replied.

I vividly remember James and Lily's wedding. It was the day before Easter, a lovely ceremony, and a reception that ended with most people hammered. Then there was Regulus showing up on my doorstep. The first step towards forgiveness.

Jack sighed, "Yup, the last wedding I went to was my cousin's, and that was five years ago."

"I quite like weddings," I admitted.

Someone slid into the empty chair on my left, resting their arm on the back of my chair.

"Funny you say that, because I love weddings," A familiar voice spoke.

Regulus gave me a grin before looking past me at Jack.

"Don't you?" Regulus asked.

Jack crossed his arms in front of him. "Hello, Black," He muttered.

"Uh-, I'm here too!" Evan said as he sat down in the chair beside Regulus, giving me a subtle wink.

"Long time no see, Trouche," Regulus said, acknowledging Jack. He kissed me on the cheek, smiling at me. "Can't say the same for you, angel," He added, his voice low.

I shook my head, looking at the empty altar straight ahead.

"As much as I love listening to you two argue, we're at a wedding, so if you could put that on pause for a few hours, I would really appreciate that," I announced, not looking at either of them. "Or-, you could both accept that the both of you are in my life, and learn how to deal with it."

Evan exhaled dramatically, smacking Regulus on the back.

"Damn, she really told the both of you off," Evan joked, glancing over at Jack.

Regulus turned towards me, getting ready to say something.

"Hey guys-, what are they doing here?"

I looked up to see that Emmeline and Thomas had arrived. Thomas was looking at Evan and Regulus confusedly while Emmeline silently took a seat on the other side of Jack.

"Cheers, mate!" Evan chimed, waving at Thomas.

"I'm so confused," Thomas muttered, sitting down beside Emmeline.

Jack looked around. "Where's Maggie?" He asked.

"Oh, she's here as Rory's plus one, so she's sitting with him and his friends on the other side," Emmeline answered.

We all turned our heads to see Maggie. I waved at her and smiled, which she returned with a wave followed by a confused look when she saw me sitting beside Regulus.