fifty nine

This is a double update, make sure to read chapter 58 first!

TW: Mentions of death

- - - - -

The following words are taken from the Daily Prophet:

July 29th, 1981

The number of casualties keeps rising. Earlier this week, Death Eater, Evan Rosier, was killed in battle by Auror, Alastor Moody. Our sources say that Rosier attacked Moody, blowing off a large portion of his nose with a blasting spell. Moody killed Rosier out of self-defense. While this may be a sad day for the Dark Lord's supporters, it is a victory for those against him.

-

August 13th, 1981

Another name is added onto the list as young wizard, Benjy Fenwick, was brutally murdered. Fenwick was brutally murdered by Death Eaters during the war. On the day of his death, a Death Eater presumably fired a deadly curse at Fenwick that blasted him into pieces. Sources say that his remains are yet to be found.

The Fenwick's neglect to make a statement for the time being.

-

August 31st, 1981

As the list of casualties rises, Emma Nott nee. Vanity, a younger Pure-blood witch, joins the list. Nott was rumored to be high up in the ranks of the Dark Lord, just like her husband. She was killed in an ambush by some Aurors, who claim it was self-defense.

Nott is survived by her husband, Tiberius, and her one-year old son, Theodore. The Nott family declines to comment at the time being.

-

September 18th, 1981

This week there were a rising number of casualties, most notably being Dorcas Meadowes. Meadowes was a known protestor of the Dark Lord, and it seems that it finally caught up to her. It is rumored that the Dark Lord himself killed her before she could even cry for help. The whole Meadowes family was killed as well.

Also adding to the list of casualties is the Bones family. Edgar Bones, his wife, and their five children were all murdered in their own home by Death Eaters on Wednesday night.

It is a tragic day for many.

-

October 9th, 1981

It is another sad day for the wizarding community. Twins, Fabian and Gideon Prewett, were ambushed and attacked while on a patrol by five Death Eaters, one of whom being Antonin Dolohov. The pair were described as having "fought like heroes" by fellow Auror, Alastor Moody. Ultimately, both Fabian and Gideon Prewett were killed.

Their family declines to speak on the matter.