Lifesavers

(Winter has already come around, and Ellie is in a rundown ice cream parlor in the Colorado Mountain Plaza, months later, frantically searching through several drawers)

(Joel lies unconscious on the ground, still bleeding out from his stomach wound sustained at the University. The horses are by the ice cream stand)

Ellie: Shit! Come on, gimme something. Fuck! Oh here we go

(Ellie takes some duct tape and runs to Joel)

Ellie: Okay, I'm going to put you on your side.

(Ellie rolls Joel over, who grunts with the pain. She sees his wound)

Ellie: Oh Jesus

(She takes out her summer shirt and tapes it over the wound Then she rolls Joel back on to his back)

Ellie: That should buy us some time. I'll find something to stitch you up. Okay? Callus, you keep an eye on him

(Ellie runs towards a set of metal shutters, pulling them up. She turns back to Joel)

Ellie: I'll be back in a flash. Promise

(Ellie gently pulls the shutters closed)

Ellie: I totally got this... Alright, now where the fuck is Blake...

(Ellie walks up an escalator that isn't moving, and she starts walking through the abandoned mall, but then she sees Blake walking nearby)

Blake: I've got jack shit. Did you find anything?

Ellie: I found some duct tape, but I'm not sure how long it's gonna last. What did you find?

Blake: There was a gun shop here, but it must've gotten picked clean. All I found were a couple of boxes of bullets hidden away

(Blake hands Ellie some handgun bullets)

Ellie: Lets look around. There's gotta be something here we can use

(Ellie and Blake walk around for a while before they come across a pharmacy)

Ellie: Weston's pharmacy. That sounds promising

(The metal shutter is still open a bit, and it's enough for both Ellie and Blake to slip through)

(They both look behind a counter, and they see a first aid kit through the window of a door, but only one problem. The door's locked)

Ellie: Door's locked. How the fuck are we going to get inside?

Blake: We'll find a way. We always do

Ellie: Maybe there's a way outside

(Ellie and Blake go back through the door to the pharmacy and find a metal door locked by a combination lock)

Blake: This I can do. Just be very quiet

(Blake turns the combination lock 35 right and hears a click inside the lock. 30 left is another click. 31 right gives a final click, and the lock unlatches from the door)

(Blake lifts the metal shutter up, but there's a bunch of spores floating around)

Blake/Ellie: Spores

(Blake puts on a gas mask and goes under the metal shutter with Ellie)

(They look and see an overgrowth of fungus, and realize it's a dead end)

(But they also see the body of a dead clicker, wearing a shirt with the logo of the pharmacy)

Ellie: Please don't come to life...